Registration is Required

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The MVP's have been discussing this for a while. The number of anonymous postings has become an issue.

If you are trying to follow a thread, it is easier to find them again by remembering a name instead of having to search through the anonymous postings.

The re-login problem has been solved, so you only have to login once.

By registering, you will be able to edit your posts, and it will be easier to follow up using the private message field.

I am going to flip the switch to require registration to post in the board.

Bill

This message was edited by MrExcel on 2002-03-15 06:56

Brian, I believe this HAS happened. There may be some residual posts asked by *anonymous*, and there may be some who logged in with variations of the word *anonymous*, but I believe this has been done.

Hi Guys

Just my 2 cents worth here. Bill, I believe that required registration will reduce the traffic you are now experiencing on the board. Many users just want to ask-and-go without the hassle of registration. Personally I have no problems following threads that have numerous "anonymous" posts, I have more problems with the use of "Quote" than anything. It ends up making a 2 line question into 50 after a Reply or 2.

On 2002-03-16 23:16, Dave Hawley wrote:
...I have more problems with the use of "Quote" than anything. It ends up making a 2 line question into 50 after a Reply or 2.

I agree, but if it's used judiciously and only to address certain points, "quote" is quite useful.

Re: I agree, but if it's used judiciously and only to address certain points, "quote" is quite useful

So true ;o)

Unfortunately most (regular posters also) don't do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back