? for MrExcel Juan Pablo G. continued

On 2002-04-03 09:59, eliW wrote:
Aladin and others,
What do you think on my suggestion?

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=809&forum=9&start=10

On 2002-04-02 03:49, Aladin Akyurek wrote:
The person who posted the problem is the ultimate judge of whether the problem is solved or not; they try the various solutions provded and either they work or they don't. A button provided for the initiator of a thread can be clicked to put a "solved" flag on it.

Don't understand that "[t]he person who posted the problem is the ultimate judge" bit.

I posted a solution a while ago. The OP was happy and said so. The problem is solved. I saw some time later someone else, say X, had posted a crisp, effective solution. I had to chase after the OP to urge him to use X's effective solution. A Solved flag would probably stopped X to consider the OP's problem at all.

The "they [OP's] try the various solutions provded and either they work or they don't" bit also amazes me. This confounds the trouble in implementing a working solution and a solution which is bound not to work for intrinsic reasons.

Aladin

What about an opposite approach; instead of declaring "Solved" having the possibility to declare: "I am not satisfied yet".

This would not prevent anybody to try better solutions for any question even if the author seems to be satisfied. But it would bring focus on problems that did not meet satisfactory solution according to the person who posted them.

Any new reply to the post will turn off the indicator.

Regards,
Eli

Hi All.
The Reason I suggest about "solved" is I wanted an indicator of the topic as a respondent.
"Solved" is just my opinion and just indicate of it's advance situation.
The poster indicate to other person when the poster feel "My Problem was solved".
Of course, if there is another better method even if after the solution, anyone must be able to write in the topic by addition.
And I do understand what Aladin wanted to say.
All I wanted to say is, some indicator ("Solved" or "Not Solved") make us easy to choice of the topic.
I think my English is unclear but do I make myself clear?
Almost I agree with eliW.
Regards,

Colo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back