VBHTML Maker on XL2010 - 64 Bit

Sandeep Warrier

Hey All,

Has anyone used the VB HTML Maker on XL2010 64 Bit? I tried using it and made the following change:

Code:
Private Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As Long) As Long
to
Code:
Private Declare PtrSafe Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As LongPtr) As LongPtr
I am however unable to use it. Also, every time I start Excel, I get the error -
438: Object doesn't support this property or method

It does not highlight the section of the code that is problematic.

Any ideas?

Sandeep

Does it work without the change?

Hi Norie,

Nopes. Without the change it gives me a compile error saying:

The code in this project must be updated for use on 64-bit systems. Please review and update Declare statements and then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute.

On making the change, it does not give me the compile error, but nothing else works. On selecting "Convert selected code as HTML" from the menu, nothing happens (no errors and nothing gets copied to the clipboard). When I restart Excel, it gives me the 438 error.

Apparently not all API functions/declarations changed.

Here's a list of those that apparently did http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383663(VS.85).aspx.

I can't see LockWindowsUpdate in it.

Mind you I have seen people having similar problems.

Have you tried using the comipler directive approach?
Code:
#If VBA7 Then
    Private Declare PtrSafe Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As LongPtr) As LongPtr
#Else
    Private Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hwndLock As Long) As Long
#End If
I can't test that on 64-bit Excel (because I'm not going to install that, ever*) but I am on a 64-bit machine.

* probably an exaggeration but I don't see the need for it, especially when it would be the only version I could install.

Actually when I come to think of it I might give it a go.:)

Apparently not all API functions/declarations changed.

Here's a list of those that apparently did http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383663(VS.85).aspx.

I can't see LockWindowsUpdate in it.

Mind you I have seen people having similar problems.

Have you tried using the comipler directive approach?
Code:
#If VBA7 Then
#Else
#End If

Hi Norie,

I did actually see this yesterday, at http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-34477.html

I felt that since the only version installed is the 64-bit version, this would be kind of redundant. However I did try it out now and I get the same response as Zack did. Nothing happens and the 32-bit portion of the code is in red. On restarting Excel I still get the same 438 error.

I did manage to get Richard's HTML Maker add-in to work by changing the API calls there (OpenClipboard, EmptyClipboard and CloseClipboard) using PtrSafe even though I didn't see them in the MSDN list.

I can't test that on 64-bit Excel (because I'm not going to install that, ever*) but I am on a 64-bit machine.

* probably an exaggeration but I don't see the need for it, especially when it would be the only version I could install.

Actually when I come to think of it I might give it a go.:)

Our office recently upgraded everyone to Win7 + Office 2010 64-Bit editions. The first major setback I came across was that there was no 64-bit version of ASAP Utilities (one of my favourite add-ins) :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back