Some posts are lost...

Aladin

Hi mate YES i agree i speak reqular with my Pals Chris D and yes we have noticed that threads are lost, last week the outage was Ok these things happen but loss has happended

i know you track much of my work you recall me saying David Blaine the street magic man has visited as post have not made the board or were then and gone.

also i comments on i post one question about Excel files and it ends up on you questions about sumproduct???? just an example...

i have eamiled Juan and Bill also private .... no replys/////

Mark OBrien in MVP and pal of Chris well appraoch him from more input and weight to this is a bit silly, or if the way it is fine, but shame .. to loose bits of this wonderful resource.

On 2002-04-21 11:36, Jack in the UK wrote:
i have eamiled Juan and Bill also private .... no replys/////

I don't know if you emailed or Privated messaged Bill, but, I didn't get any messages from you, so, please, don't say that you did.

Aladin

Hmmm, I don't think I contributed VBA to that thread. I think I only made one contribution and it wasn't helpful.

However, I think I've noticed that a few posts may be missing here and there.

I have, on occasion, removed a post within a minute of posting due to an error, but I usually repost with an explanation or just simply edit the post.

Juan

You know me better than that, if i say i did then i did, you have replied before and i personally hold your views as high in my books as do i your work, we all know email can be problomatic,

The US and UK are fine friends and allies, who state a decomoratic world exercising freedom of speach, look at the trouble arrounf the world.

If i qoute i have emailed you and bill then rest assured i have that i guarentee, for you to not adress me directly i find offensive and dam right rude and anyone in trhe english speaking world would agree. How ever i understand them issues of translation as i suffer pooer english and im BRITISH. this board knows no culture or mans ways bar EXCEL this is beeing good.

Would it be better to remover the post and drop me a line to say sorry mate saw post not got email and can you foward you comments

this would have avoided the exchange....

this is fair, i commented not with agression i feel you have to me

your friend JACK, i have no anger and underline its a translation, but would have been liked to being directly addressed...

I except... would you like to have mt commentys in private?

On 2002-04-22 12:12, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Aladin

Hmmm, I don't think I contributed VBA to that thread. I think I only made one contribution and it wasn't helpful.

However, I think I've noticed that a few posts may be missing here and there.

I have, on occasion, removed a post within a minute of posting due to an error, but I usually repost with an explanation or just simply edit the post.

Ken Swain (swaink) has issued thanks addressed to you: I thought you wrote the VBA code to change the value of a cell to "Booked". Maybe I'm wrong...

Aladin

Aladin,

Yeah, I got confused by that as well. I have had a lot of people refer to me later in posts that I've contributed to, as though I was the original poster as well. It's confused the heck out of me.

On a semi-related issue, have you (or anyone) noticed a bit of a lag with loading times on the board today? The reason I mention this is that the last time this happened was right before the outage. Since the outage, I have noticed some damned strange postings. Not least in the aforementioned thread where Swaink and Aladin lost each others replies at one point.

On 2002-04-22 14:22, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Aladin,

Yeah, I got confused by that as well. I have had a lot of people refer to me later in posts that I've contributed to, as though I was the original poster as well. It's confused the heck out of me.

On a semi-related issue, have you (or anyone) noticed a bit of a lag with loading times on the board today? The reason I mention this is that the last time this happened was right before the outage. Since the outage, I have noticed some damned strange postings. Not least in the aforementioned thread where Swaink and Aladin lost each others replies at one point.

Yeah, I'm also experiencing slow loading such that I'm sometimes surprised to see I wasn't the first replier... with as result exactly the same solution.

Aladin

again i have championed this delay myself and chris have put the odditys of the board there .. no replys.

i have noticed delays, but for me more punishments as i get abused as i did last by copying.. thus i answer few questions to what i could, i stick to system and excel grumbles, an areas NO ONE really knows .. i have suffered so i have some ideas.

i get many emails and many thanks many off board questions, i plan to post them soon so i can share the knowledge.

the board can be slow, dont know why, i feel moden v adsl is a part, but aladin has adsl, so thats odd.

guess we know it does this so what liek football all part of the game..

what do you think....

Hi Aladin, Mark

Ive just thought I would drop in here, Ive also checked and there are a couple of posts missing from you both.

I sent a post regarding the ability to update the second worksheet to read booked where the references were. Aladin you said this may be a job for Mark O and Mark you came back with some code Public Sub main()
& Code and also gave two public function

" Public Function LeftString(ByVal sText As String, ByVal sSeparator As String) As String
LeftString = Left(sText, InStr(1, sText, sSeparator) - 1)
End Function"

All the best Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back