Starting a New Thread

Rob_Sobey

Good Day Sirs/Ladies

I am a new member, only joined yesterday. I have a problem....no...not the type you perhaps thought :LOL:, well ok probably more than one problem, but one I would like an answer on.

I am totally unable to find a new thread button or any way to start a new thread in the main excel forum posts. It is no problem to start a new thread here in the MrExcel Message Board, but I realise this isn't the place to be asking my macro question!

I have scouted the website high and dry and I just CANNOT find how to start a new thread. I can post replies to threads, but as for starting a new one I'm tearing my hair out.

I have emailed the contact us link and had a reply that I should try another browser, because the New Thread button is non exsistant. I have tried it in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firfox.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Cheers

Rob

In each forum there should be a New Thread button in the top left just like the one you presumably used to post this. Do you still not see it?

Re: Sequential Numbering

Hello, well that was strange. Someone has transferred this thread from the Lounge... Anyway, now that I'm here in view of the Excel experts, I'll ask my question.

I have developed a workbook that has data with various VLOOKUP's etc. I then have developed a simple Macro that copies the page, openes a new workbook, names the workbook by cell C5 in the original workbook.
For your interest the macro is this:

Sub Res()
Dim n As String
n = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C5").Value & ".xlsx"
Workbooks.Add
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs n
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
End Sub

This works well, but now what I would like to do is have a macro that I can run just prior to running the above mentioned macro, that will put a 5 digit (say 10000) into cell C5 of the worksheet. The next time I open the original workbook I need to see the old number (ie. 10000) I then do a whole lot of work on the worksheet and I need then to run the macro to put in the next sequential number (eg 10001), before running the macro which develops the new workbook.

Basically a sequential number question.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rory,

No still not see it anywhere. An absolute mystery!
and I am desperate to solve a problem before the day is out! :)

This link here shows where you should see it: http://www.mrexcel.com/articles/posting-to-mrexcel-message-board.php

If you do not see it, you may want to try deleting your cookies, cache and temporary interent files. Its probably obvious, but I will say it anyway - make sure you are logged in before trying to post (clicking the "Remember Me" button may help also, as it should keep you from being "timed out").

If nothing seems to work, try logging in from a computer at a different location. If you see it then, then you know it is something with your computer/network/environment.

Been there done that...Nothing wants to work. I can email a screen shot if you want.
I'ts incredible...I'm obviuosly not meant to be using Excel! :biggrin:

In the meantime I suggest you create a brand new thread with your question in the Lounge. Then immediately after hit the little report button to report the thread to a moderator (on LHS of post, looks like an exclamation mark). Just make a note in the report message to please move the thread to the main Excel Questions forum.

I would rather you go this route than we split your question above and move it to the main forum, because it is so old it will be out of view...

Rob,

Per our discussion, I was able to log in as you and post your question in the Excel forum here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639241

That would seem to suggest that there isn't any problem with your account or the forum, and the issue is probably somewhere on your end. I am afraid there isn't much we can do about that, since we do not have any control over your system environment.

I am having the same problem, I am replying to a post, but there is no button for me to create a new thread. Please help.... Thanks!

I am having the same problem, I am replying to a post, but there is no button for me to create a new thread. Please help.... Thanks!
If you follow the instructions in post #2 , do you see it?
You need to first go into the Formum you wish to post to (i.e. "Excel Questions"), and then the brown "Post New Thread" button will appear on the left.

If you do not see it, please let us know:
- What kind of device you are on
- What browser you are using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back