Ads showing up in threads

T. Valko

Is this a new "feature" of the forum?

1z5rp51.jpg

Or, do I need to tweak my ad block settings?

One of the best attributes of this forum is that it DOESN'T look like Ozgrid or Excelforum loaded down with all kinds of obnoxious advertising.

Hopefully, that's not going to change!

The board used to have ads, but we had to take them down while doing the update.
Ads are how the board generates the income to pay for the servers - over $1k a month, which Bill has been paying out of pocket for the last several months.

The ads shouldn't actually be in the posts - we're working on it.

The board used to have ads, but we had to take them down while doing the update.
Ads are how the board generates the income to pay for the servers - over $1k a month, which Bill has been paying out of pocket for the last several months.

The ads shouldn't actually be in the posts - we're working on it.
Thanks for the feedback!

Looks like there's lots of room at the bottom of the page though that might not be the most strategic location. How about the very top of the page beside the MrExcel.com banner?

As I said, we're still working on it.

This is going to be an ongoing tweak process this week. But be certain that the ads are being placed for visibility and use, not as a means to pacify the idea that we did something to defer costs - the ads need to be effective. With that said, I am not interested in having ads directly in threads so I wouldn’t count on them staying in that placement. :)

Scottie P™;3287805 said:
I am not interested in having ads directly in threads so I wouldn’t count on them staying in that placement. :)
15 days later and the ads are still in that placement.

The net used to be such a cool place. All it is now days is a medium for advertising! :oops:

Awesome!!

I'll consider this feedback akin to, 'A Job Well Done' and having finally resolved a consistent and persistent visibility issue with the ad placement tests.

Thank you!

Scottie P™;3299835 said:
Awesome!!

I'll consider this feedback akin to, 'A Job Well Done' and having finally resolved a consistent and persistent visibility issue with the ad placement tests.

Thank you!
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back