I must raise this question again!

eliW

In many cases someone have a question and the first answer to it is not satisfying. He must then reply or wait to other answers to come. After a while his topic is no more viewd and must be "held in life" by adding another comment by the author or posting the question again.

Why not looking for a solution which would allow the person who posted the question to turn on an indicator saying: "I am not satisfied yet". Any additional reply would turn this indicator off.

This suggestion would save time, space, and many many usless replies, and also would focus on users that still need help!

I would appreciate very much, having mrExcel and Juan Pablo G. comment on this.

Thank you for your time
Eli

Of course, I don't know how MrExcel feels about the suggestion itself, but I believe we may have found a PHP coder.

:)

I just made a similar (but opposite) suggestion yesterday:

Sent to: Mr.Excel & james@phpbb.com
Regarding the Mr.Excel board:

If this is not already an option in your product, then may I suggest:

Board Suggestion:
It would be valuable if there was a Check box/Column called "Resolved" that the original poster of a question could send to show that the question has been resolved. This way others who want to help do not waste time checking items that have been resolved.

I just started using this recently and have found a number of answers so I thought that I would help some others, but I don't really want to waste time opening and skimming to see if questions have been solved or not. Now I only check if there's less than 2 relpies.

Regards,

Brian

On 2002-05-05 10:02, Brian wrote:
I just made a similar (but opposite) suggestion yesterday:

Sent to: Mr.Excel & james@phpbb.com
Regarding the Mr.Excel board:

If this is not already an option in your product, then may I suggest:

Board Suggestion:
It would be valuable if there was a Check box/Column called "Resolved" that the original poster of a question could send to show that the question has been resolved. This way others who want to help do not waste time checking items that have been resolved.

I just started using this recently and have found a number of answers so I thought that I would help some others, but I don't really want to waste time opening and skimming to see if questions have been solved or not. Now I only check if there's less than 2 relpies.

Regards,

Brian

You're returning back to a suggestion made earlier:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=809&forum=9

Eli has a different suggestion, taking into account the implications of that earlier suggestion, now renewed by you.

Regards,

Aladin

can i ask is this for consideration????

also can i post and then flag to say not really solved, so it get a extra look.

sounds good to me!
what do you think guys, and winner or not?

If anyone with any PHP/MySQL coding experience wants to give this a try, I would be happy to have them help.

Bill

On 2002-05-01 23:50, eliW wrote:
In many cases someone have a question and the first answer to it is not satisfying. He must then reply or wait to other answers to come. After a while his topic is no more viewd and must be "held in life" by adding another comment by the author or posting the question again.

Why not looking for a solution which would allow the person who posted the question to turn on an indicator saying: "I am not satisfied yet". Any additional reply would turn this indicator off.

This suggestion would save time, space, and many many usless replies, and also would focus on users that still need help!

I would appreciate very much, having mrExcel and Juan Pablo G. comment on this.

Thank you for your time
Eli

Well, then, we'll see what we can do.

On 2002-05-13 06:55, Dreamboat wrote:
Well, then, we'll see what we can do.

Hello dreamboat,
Instead of the phrase "I am not satisfied etc.." I would suggest a little red light near the subject as an indicator that the member still needs help.
Thank you for your efforts,
Eli
This message was edited by eliW on 2002-05-13 12:46

yes, maybe in place of those red folders which nobody pays any attention to..... the "replies" number indicates how "hot" it is....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back