Cant edit post

You'd have to ask vbulletin that. ;)

True, but it's of no real use to us to know why they chose to do it the way they do. And given it's an older version, they're unlikely to alter it (it may be possible to customise that aspect, but we try and avoid making any changes to the defaults).

Re my question 1: What I was suggesting is that vBulletin display a brief message upon submission of each post that the user has just 10 minutes should they wish to edit their post.

What I am saying is it already tells you there is a 10 minute window in the forum FAQ and the time that the post was submitted is at the top of every forum post so I really don't see the need for a message/popup every time a post is submitted as it is easy to work out (and personally I don't want to see one every time I submit a post).

If people choose not to read the FAQ/Rules/Posting guidelines (as they often do) then I see no reason why the ones that do should receive irritating messages just to compensate for it.

Last edited:
I expect you can recite all the Forum rules off by heart. If not, then my point is valid.

Only valid if you want a separate message for every point in the FAQ etc. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back