Cant edit post

mike015

I cannot find the edit button for my posts. On the bottom of the page it says that edit is on. but I cannot find how to do it.

Tried both IE and Chrome.

Where would it be, near the Quote buttons?

Thanks
Mike

Edit post is near the bottom, right hand side. But there is a 10- minute timeout. You can just submit a revised post to the thread.

That explains it.

I did see it in this thread, and then I looked again it was gone.
I never expected the 10 min timeout.

Thanks

Anyway you could take a screenshot of where it is at, im just not seeing it. All i see is "ADD/EDIT TAGS". Thanks

Ok, I can see edit post in the post I just posted here, but I cant in a post i put up yesterday. What am I missing?

That's because you can only edit your post for a maximum of 10 minutes after the post is made.

Last edited:
That's because you can only edit your post for a maximum of 10 minutes after the post is made.
Ok, now i see, i read timeout above and took it as someone would have to wait 10 min to edit, but not the other way around....Thanks

If users can't edit their posts after 10 minutes, which I have no problem with per se, but:
  1. why doesn't the Forum advise the user of that rule when the post is submitted?
  2. why does the Edit Post button remain on display after 10 minutes??? :confused: Misleading!:mad:

For question 1 it is in the board FAQ.
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/faq.php

For question 2 the vBulletin software probably doesn't allow the option for the edit button to vanish after 10 minutes (as far as I remember it is a simple option of allow the edit option or not, the only other control you have is the time period).

Hi Mark

Re my question 1: What I was suggesting is that vBulletin display a brief message upon submission of each post that the user has just 10 minutes should they wish to edit their post.

Re my question 2: The Edit button disappears at some point, so there must be some trigger for that, so why doesn't vBulletin do the logical thing and make it disappear 10 minutes after the post is submitted (for after that time the button is effectively useless even though the software allows the user to click it and write a post that then cannot be submitted - which is dumb!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back