Proper Ettiquette

On 2002-05-10 12:23, Dreamboat wrote:

Sometimes, the asker has been around before, has had their questions answered, and never came back to say whether it worked or not, no *thank you*, or anything. I think if this happened several times with the same asker, I might not post again.

I go with Dreamboat on that.
I think that some new posters lately are going getting very rude , and Mr Excel should kick'em out !!!!

I use the word *expert* above only to differentiate between the person asking the question (asker) and the person answering the question (expert), for lack of a better word or phrase.

Hey Dreamboat,

I think the use of the word "The" is a bit debatable as well, because I don't think that you're the only person that is good with MS Word.

:biggrin:
(How about changing to just "Word", although MS has probably TM'd that)

Hmm...I didn't think it was my signature that was being discussed, but I couldn't possibly change it anyway, Mark; it's my dot-com!

Besides, TheWordExpertWhoStillLearnsSomethingNewEveryday.com was just too long; and MsWord is just a little cliché, don't ya think? <grin>

:)

i don’t care about name or ULR addresses the posted answers speak for themselves we can all work out the educated the helper the ideal posters the fools and any other category you want to dream

like i have championed i REALLY could not care a dam how the questions is asked as the guys have said HELP, so its up the not just us regulars but any reader to help THATS the idea,, i feel we need to address answers not the question asker

my spelling has be ridiculed and really nasty to me, but if i was to say i am disabled would the world victimize me as some have done, or is the politics call correct world advanced enough to say, hey the guys fine we except him as he is, and he has proved if not skills a willing to try to help and give his all

or do we pick on the week and disabled..

Chris D has commented i am dyslexic, if i am that means i am registered disabled and or disadvantaged but both the UK and US governments and so im picked on due to a disability.

so if i post a question do i fall into this nasty remit of i must do ABC..

Please tell me, im interested, as i say if im disabled or disadvantaged, all the criticism and slagging off i have had has been torture.

I can not make MVP as i cant spell and my English is not good what if im not English say second generation.. again im victimized by so call friendlys. This is fine so I make VERY big effort to post a few less but make the quality of my post as best I possibly can, I hope even if a smallest improvement is seen, ill be wonderfully happy wit that.

Seem knowledge is not always best =

this would be deemed as raciest and victimization and fall into the disability’s act which UK and US recognize under law

now that’s interesting, so say you did not know me would see a post question from jack asking for help and say

hey man spell it right you dum fool! or word which might be just the same and hurt as much,.

am i are am i not!

you decide.. but i still help,,,, that’s the point, and i take the stick and don’t really moan just highlight others polite and use my knowledge to bolster that cause to assist them

so help me / them or run me down,, you call not mine.

none so blind who those who cant see?

Do I deserve this im some guy you know off and I hope have some admiration if for nothing the time and effort I try to help, others do the same,

Remember this text mislead, so think OK ill help… and no more behind that text..

Can you say you are better than I or the next guys to me we all the same and all know A B or c and offer to share that knowledge regardless of oddity’s.

Don’t reply to this just take it on board and when you read a poor post think that guys Jack struggles, he might be disabled or not read well but he tries, this guys might be the same…

Ill be happy with that…… thanks in advance for you tolerance and acceptance to other.

Think how long its taken me to type all this, if I could not care about guys why would I bother posting all this…

Hi Jack:
The reality in my opinion goes like this:
"I don't care how much you know, I want to know how much you care!"

Regards!

Hello Jack , Hello Yogi

I agree with Yogi all the way, this is the point of this forum , let's keep it nice ,
I am relatively new here , but i feel like
i know most of you for a long time, like a big family.
let's Keep up the good work :biggrin:
Jack , just ignore all the bad ones , if they don't like it here ,they will vanish anyway.

On 2002-05-10 12:58, Jack in the UK wrote:
we seem to be sticking to words like expert no one is an expert, just good solid knowlwdge in fields they are goos at this generall comes from exposure.

i say this anyone who honestly beleives they can solve techi issues on a message boad is a fool, solve a few solve many yes, buts it almost impossible as the post says abc and its nothing like it, to me thats the fun.

I have had much abuse and really hostil emails and threats, im a simple guy who has seen the street, and i use the word polite

remeber this and the boards your do as you wish, ask and help.. thats the game.. mislead is a bit silly.

i feel the question, and so offer much advice over millions of issues all i post i know and they work HANDS ON but on the board if i get 5 10% im a good man, i get massis of emails, and encourage them, as late virus i add. Again guys send them to me saying hes one Jack, i always re[lt its -polite-

I have had massice of fights on this board. but sometimes ive all but chucket it in, but still hear, ill do more and more as i can

most of all be your self.. and enjoy it....

there are no rules....

Hi Jack

The definition of Expert is "A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject".

Which I would say alot of guys on here do have as far as answering the different posts and stuff would you aggree?

I myself find this board a lovely learning experience in self training, from trying to answer differnet posts even if it takes a long time , Personally I have learned 100fold what I started out with from this board which I feel is great so I try to help others aswell which makes this board work!

for what its worth...

there are a lot of books out there,
the answer to everyone's question is probably in one of those books,
is not the point of this site to avoid having to read every book published about Excel and VB

We're all students,
May information be our mana
Corticus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back