MrExcel and MVP please read

hello everyone

I go with James. I am new here but as i see it Jack is sincere and generous enough to spend a lot of time trying to help.
Let's keep it nice in here :)!

All right, Jack. Now what do I do?

My e-mail was one of the ones on your list, but I did not send it. I haven't even opened that account, but it appears that the virus/worm is still causing problems.

I downloaded the klez.exe executable from BitDefender, as posted on the board previously. The scan said that none of my files were infected.

Did the program miss it, or am I OK? I would imagine that others are receiving e-mails from that address, so how do I stop it?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

On 2002-05-08 13:10, waderw wrote:
No offense but a typing class or spell check would probably help others understand what you are talking about.

Wader,

Jack's already said "no offence taken", so this isn't a jump-to-Jack's-defence message....

I'm one of the lucky few who gets to talk to Jack on the phone in realtime : trust me here - he may not be the world's best typer but I'd have him in my IT dept or as an excel buddy *any* day.

I think Jack mentioned something about mild dyslexia a while ago : unfortunately typing classes or spellcheckers can't compensate for this

what he lacks in typing skills, he makes up for in technical solutions : so if you have a problem which he's replied to, take maybe just twice as long to re-read it, it'll be a good investment of your time

(he's usually busy chatting up the secretaries when I phone, but hey, that's not important right now... hee hee)

:)

"Jack-a-nese"...I like that!

I guess it's a good way of explaining it if you haven't talked to him too much/often.

(Hi Jack! :) Hi Chris! :) )

For the record:
When i posted something to the effect of "your obviously new here and you will need to learn Jack-a-neese" was not meant to diss Jack. Jack has said time and again "i have no education, i have 3 broken fingers, i can't type". In my opinon Jack is the quintessential stand-up guy, with that said "Rock on Jack"!

James

James,

I think I'm safe in saying that no one thought you were meaning anything bad by your comments :)

Hi Von Pookie / Kristy,

I wasn't, i'm just getting an *** full of people jumping on Jacks back. He's always trying to help and it just pisses me off when someone that hasn't got a clue runs their mouth, that's all. With that said i will End Sub and GoTo.Range("mellowMood")

I love this Board, it's all about helping and sharing not attacking and practicing your nite club stand-up comedy.

James

I am not being at all critical of Jack or anyone else, but it would surely benefit everyone (and Jack would surely benefit the most) if there were a way for Jack to improve his written English.

I mean this as a helpful suggestion and not as any detraction from Jack's well deserved recognition for providing help on this board.

On 2002-05-08 14:45, Jay Petrulis wrote:
All right, Jack. Now what do I do?

My e-mail was one of the ones on your list, but I did not send it. I haven't even opened that account, but it appears that the virus/worm is still causing problems.

I downloaded the klez.exe executable from BitDefender, as posted on the board previously. The scan said that none of my files were infected.

Did the program miss it, or am I OK? I would imagine that others are receiving e-mails from that address, so how do I stop it?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

Don't sweat it Jay. When Klez infects a computer it hijacks the address book and starts sending out messages with bogus names in the from field. It has obviously hit someone with your name in their address book.

On 2002-05-08 20:20, fdrl wrote:
I am not being at all critical of Jack or anyone else, but it would surely benefit everyone (and Jack would surely benefit the most) if there were a way for Jack to improve his written English.

I mean this as a helpful suggestion and not as any detraction from Jack's well deserved recognition for providing help on this board.

fdrl
i understand that you're not being critical of jack, and i probably come off like a bit of **** for leaping to his defence, but i don't think yours is a fair comment.

have you seen some of the other posts on this board? they're also in english, with no typos but the question is still absolutely bloody opaque. but no-one says "everyone would benefit (and the poster surely benefit the most) if there were a way for the poster to improve their clarity of expression." let's be fair.

people are always ready to ask posters to clarify their question without suggesting they improve thir clarity of expression, so if we can't understand 'jack-a-nese', let's ask him to clarify via a follow-up post, not ask him to improve his written english skills.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back