MrExcel and MVP please read

Wow, this thread got a little dicey for a while!

I just wanted to say that I think this is the best site on the net. I have gotten many good tips and VERY fast answers whenever I've had questions. So what if Jack is the board Boomhauer (probably only Americans will get that reference)? He definitely knows his stuff.

Personally, I'm the biggest Grammar Nazi in the world. I won't even set foot in a business that has a grammatical or spelling error in their advertising. I correct the grammar of people on television. I e-mail webmasters and tell them where they have grammar issues that need to be fixed. It's a sickness. But, heck, that's where my skills lie. I'm a hack at Excel. I think it's great that we diverse people can bring our various and sundry skills together in a forum such as this.

Rock on, Mr. Excel!

more the text has changed this time to
Hello,This is a special new website
I wish you would enjoy it.
ABeezerbabe34 [ABeezerbabe34@aol.co...]

Nice try you have to be alittle better than that, im no one fool!

>>>>> thats it to day.. ok ill cheeck the poster and PM also post on here. to advise...

No dramas i really dont care wich i had the virus to play with???? alais.

The point of thisis not me it to hightlight the poss ty iou can catch a cold of worst!

hey jack a sence..... ermmmm... OK

you shoucl have me emails and my PM i get, takes me ages.. but help i will..

ill post re the guys how sent me a virus NO DRAMAS mate i get a few thats the point to help you and others.

On 2002-05-09 06:31, Ah Fong wrote:
I really can’t believe that anyone would think that improving such skills is not a desirable aim.

You are right, anyone who *wants* to improve their communications skills is admirable...

I myself am English and speak no foreign languages, whilst it seems the rest of the world ALL speak English (somewhat embarrasing..)

However, in my post, I believe I did make the point that Jack is dyslexic

I'm no doctor but I don't think this can be compensated for can it ?

You can't take classes for dyslexia.

Spellchecker maybe, but if the person can't read properly either then they don't know which correct word to choose....

that's why I piped in, as I know Jack's spelling is down to a recognised condition that can't be improved by classes or coaching.

SO no big drama, just about every of the posts above are valid in their own rights...... opinions etc etc

maybe so's the validity of just trying to advise a relatively new board member who posts an intendedly-helpful message about Jack's spelling

I'm gonna bookmark this as I know it'll crop up again and I just wanna solve Excel problems :)

(Nate, your smilie is left-handed : as a right-handed person, I find this offensive. Please change it !)

marker spelling

So what if Jack is the board Boomhauer (probably only Americans will get that reference)?

Ah ha. More proof that I'm not American. I don't know who/what Boomhauer is. Plus I had a 9 year old kid telling me how to play softball today. (Bring your Son to Work day today)

Can this thread beat AudioJoe's continuing record? I hope so.

Should this thread now be moved to the Discussion forum? Who knows?

Peace out.

PS. Chris, I find your Union Flag background insulting to my race and religion. :wink: (don't pick on the lefties)

Chris doesn't like the lefty and I'm freakin' Mark out (although I think that's the LSD talkin'), I propose the following change to my Signature:

I get it! I get it!

Boomhauer is a character on "King of the Hill," a cartoon set in Texas. The point is his southern accent is so bad, no one can understand him except family/friends. This site has some .wav files of him talking.

**** Nate, if you were a Guinness I'd drink you.

Could be LSD. Who knows what they slip in coffee here. It could be anti-depressants and amphetamines.

Animated smilies are just too advanced for me. Except for that jaw dropping one that I claimed as mine. (but you stole that one)

I preferred Beavis and ButtHead to King of the Hill and don't even get me started on Daria. (honestly, I'm not American, I just live here and watch TV, a lot)
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-05-09 11:48
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-05-09 12:58

Hey, now. Don't go "dissing" Daria :wink:

I liked Daria. Is it sad when you have family members compare you to a cartoon character? :)

i have many post from Audiojoe thanking me and the help i have given him, but that s between us,,

another finer man willng to break his neck to hlep guys...

Jack..you're the bomb! Thanks for helping us all.

Did you see my appology?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back