More forums?

Vas

Board Regular
I'm a new member, so I don't really know how much threads there are, but wouldn't it be a good thing if the Excel forum was divided into smaller parts?

I'm a frequent user of a good Swedish forum, where they have a couple of different areas, and you can see a the few last posts in every forum in one page. Like

Spreadsheet functions
Q1
Q2
Q3

VBA-Macros
Q1
Q2
Q3

I don't know if that's impossible, but I really like that structure - it's much easier to find your post, and in cases where you aren't interested in particular subjects, you just ignore them.

Hi Niklas,

Your idea was originally used on this forum, but the general consensus was that it was counter productive. I think we initially had a VBA section and a spreadsheet function section, but the problem with that was this

Most solutions providers on this board fall into one of these two categories. This lead to the forum becoming blinkered. i.e. sometimes a original poster asks for a solution in VBA, but a worksheet function solution is more appropriate and vice versa. Since we had two discrete forums for these, what we had was the spreadsheet function people looking only in that section and the VBA people looking only in that section. The outcome was that the original poster wasn't getting the full attention of the forum to get the "best" solution. (additionally, some people would post a VBA question in the function forum and vice versa, so this kind of screwed things up).

I personally liked the idea of separate forums, in theory, but unfortunately in practise it just didn't pan out too well.

HTH

_________________<font color = green> Mark O'Brien
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2002-05-08 06:36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back