Status
Not open for further replies.

joeu2004

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
When I go to my profile and click of "Likes Received (3)", it takes me to a "Likes Received" tab that displays only "1 Likes", which is not a link. Odd!

Anyway, how can I find either the threads or my individual responses that someone marked as "likes"?

I think its by design, i fail to see the same thing

When I go to my profile and click of "Likes Received (3)", it takes me to a "Likes Received" tab that displays only "1 Likes", which is not a link. Odd!

Anyway, how can I find either the threads or my individual responses that someone marked as "likes"?
The board's search facility is a useful resource. ;)

Searching for "Likes" in the topic title in this forum produced at least these. Happy reading!

[url]http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/726617-someone-likes-me.html[/URL]
[url]http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/700146-bug-likes-page-profile.html[/URL]
[url]http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/691476-likes.html[/URL]
[url]http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/662072-view-likes-received.html[/URL]
[url]http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/653770-likes.html[/URL]

Hello All,

After careful searching I have found a way to find the likes that you get.

Although cumbersome and time consuming. Especially if you are an MVP with thousands of posts this is how you can find the post with the "Likes"

1)Scroll to the top of the web page where it says "Welcome, Name"

2)Where it says "All, Name, Friends,.." - click on your name. This will show only threads/posts that you have made.

3)Click on each individual thread. You won't have to click on every post especially if you have posted multiple times in a single thread.

4)At the top of every thread on the right hand side it will have a Heart with the number of likes next to it. If it doesn't have this heart at the top of the thread page then there are no likes.

5)Check another thread until you find one that has the heart.

6)Once you find the thread that has a heart at the top left of page scroll down through the messages until you find the one that has a like showing at the bottom of the message.

At the moment that is the only way to check for people who liked your posts. Any thread that has a post in it will show a big heart to the RIGHT hand side of the thread name. Buy following the steps above it will narrow it down to the "Likes" in threads where you posted.

It also seems that at the top of the thread it only indicates the number of posts that are liked NOT the number of people who liked a single post in the thread.

I was suprised that I was unable to find any information on the vBulletin website about what things mean or how to do things.

Now if I can only figure out why some of the threads have read boxes instead of white boxes on the left hand side of the screen.

later

Ty

Last edited:
Hey mole999,

There you go. It is in the legend. lol.

Well you see some things. Others catch other things. lol.

btw, now the thread must have updated so I have to correct my previous post and say that the number by the "Likes" heart next to the thread name seems to have been changed to 2 since I have liked the same post as joeu2004. lol

later

Ty

1)Scroll to the top of the web page where it says "Welcome, Name"

2)Where it says "All, Name, Friends,.." - click on your name. This will show only threads/posts that you have made.

3)Click on each individual thread. You won't have to click on every post especially if you have posted multiple times in a single thread.

4)At the top of every thread on the right hand side it will have a Heart with the number of likes next to it. If it doesn't have this heart at the top of the thread page then there are no likes.

5)Check another thread until you find one that has the heart.

6)Once you find the thread that has a heart at the top left of page scroll down through the messages until you find the one that has a like showing at the bottom of the message..............

Nice one Tyron!!!
. Just hit this Thread coincidentally.
. There is a parallel thread to this same Theme going on just now http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/662072-view-likes-received-2.html#post3916111 and I do not think anyone hit on your method… I just tried it. Solved my problem I had this morning- Found straight away where my last 3 Likes just came from.
Thanks
Alan

I think this issue has been corrected in later versions of vbulletin. I'm not sure when specifically it was fixed, but I registered on a v5.1.3 demo version just to test this feature, and here is what happened:

I created a post here, and asked for a Like so that I could test the Like feature:

testing the speed of the forum - 5.1.3 Release Candidate 1 Demo Forums

I received this indication that I have a new message:

Capture1.JPG

When I select that it brings me to a screen with messages as well as notifications. One notifications tells me that I received a new Like and the specific thread of the Like:

AAB2_jwdm6wpADZ0xbmUCsTua

Select that link and it brings you straight to the specific post that received the Like, shown below:

AAAEP8mGJDpt9YxFMigc78k2a

The notification then sticks around until you delete it.

I think this issue has been corrected in later versions of vbulletin.........

. Sorry for wot may be a silly question. But I am new to programming, Forums etc. ...
. I do not see the relavence of "vbulletin" to this forum. I did a quick google.. Is vbulletin some sort of parent software to this Forum.
. How do these updates effect us here with this particular problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back