Posting files for review

DetroitDavid

Board Regular
Where is a free service that I can upload an xlsx file so I can reference it here for a question?

DD

Assuming you can't simply post a screenshot, you could use OneDrive, Dropbox, or Box to name but three. All have free accounts.

The preferred method is screenshots where possible so that everything is contained within the forum, but I appreciate that is not always practical.

Thanks, I thought maybe there was a preferred method for the BBS.

.. I tried some of the suggestions here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/805962-filesnack-closed-down-alternatives.html
.. But came back to using the free Box and dropbox in that order. Filesnack I had found the best. But it stopped.
. Some prominent members seem to recommend Box( Box Net, )
If you use it Remember to select Share after uploading and give us the link they provide.
. Alan

...... maybe there was a preferred method for the BBS.

… Just occurred to me that BBS was probably referring to Bulletin Board System. I guess the correct answer then to that would be “select the Attachments icon in the Editor window.”

. This icon has been specifically disabled at MrExcel

…. It was probably something that was important to emphasize in such a thread that not having the ability to attach files is a very important characteristics of MrExcel. The question is continually asked within normal Threads, (especially I notice by new members, often “1 Thread” members). Some consideration should be given to reading the many discussions on this, even again specifically recently
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/830361-board-wish-list.html
. In brief, the policy I believe is that full use should be made of the available Screenshot (NOT images) and Code Tools. This is very important to encourage a good clear picture to be given in the Thread of what is going on for everyone’s benefit..
. Only when really needed as an extra should files be exchanged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back