HTML Maker in Excel 2016 (or 365)

AliGW

Banned
I'm trying (and failing!) to get the HTML maker add-in to show in Excel. I have installed the add-in and have it ticked on the Excel add-ins list - all fine so far. Next I enable the add-ins tab on the ribbon - nothing. I've tried all sorts of combinations of disbling add-ins, restarting Excel, etc., but nothing works. I haven't found anything online with any more suggestions than what I've already tried. Does anyone here who has Excel 365 or 2016 have any idea about how I can get it working? Thanks! :eek:

I have to drag it from my desktop and drop it into an open spreadsheet every time I open a new one. Try that.

If you right click the actual addin, click properties and click the security tab is the blocked checkbox checked?

If you right click the actual addin, click properties and click the security tab is the blocked checkbox checked?

There is no such checkbox on the security tab, Mark. I'm using Windows 10 (Anniversary Update not yet installed). I have full control.

Last edited:
Look under the General tab in properties (doing this by memory as only on my phone)..

And close all Excel windows first.

Last edited:
Look under the General tab in properties (doing this by memory as only on my phone)..

And close all Excel windows first.

Aha! Found it! But it hasn't made any difference, sadly. Thanks for trying!

No other ideas at present I'm afraid but at least it probably rules out Microsoft's wonderful update in July. :(

It's very odd - if I enable Excel Genie (which I also have) and then enable the add-ins tab, it appears, but with no sign of HTML Maker. The tab remains visible until I close Excel and restart, and then it's gone. I'm out of ideas!

Im having the same issue so annoyying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back