This is a discussion on Guidelines for Forum Use within the Board Announcements forums, part of the Announcements category; Guidelines updated 29 th Nov 2015. Forum Use Guidelines Posting & Forum Use Tips Read the FAQ Before you even ...
Guidelines updated 29th Nov 2015.
Forum Use Guidelines
- Posting & Forum Use Tips
- Read the FAQ
- Before you even post a question, have you searched for an existing answer for it? Forum Searching Tips
- Make sure you are posting to the correct forum.
- Include a meaningful title that is specific to your question. Good: "Excel VBA Type Mismatch Error", Not so good: "Help needed!"
- Everyone here is a volunteer, so make it as easy as you can for people to help you.
- State your question clearly, including your entire need at the start.
- Add some representative sample data - actual data is much better than an image (see also "Posting Aids" below).
- Tell us what formula/code you have currently, and why your results are not what you want.
- Include which version of Excel and Operating System you are using.
- If you are looking for help with an error received, what is the actual error message and where exactly does it occur?
- Before posting, read your question back to yourself to check it will make sense to somebody unfamiliar with your worksheet.
- Be patient. The more you 'push' for help, the less likely you are to receive it
- If you are truly in urgent need, you should consider hiring the MrExcel Consulting team.
- If the answer you receive is inadequate for some reason, post a reply stating why the answer does not work and/or with more information (if needed) in the same thread.
- If your question has not received any replies, do not start a new thread. At the top of every page in the menu bar is a link labelled "Subscribed Threads". This link should help you find your posts. Alternatively, use 'Advanced Search' (top right of page) -> 'Search Single Content Type' for a more detailed search. You can "bump" posts back up to the top by posting a reply in the thread. Refer also to Rule #12 re bumping your threads.
- If you get a successful response to your question, consider thanking (all) members that helped you. Refer to point 5 above and it might also encourage people to help you again in the future.
- If you wish to make a complaint about another member, please use a Report button (at the bottom left of any post or Private Message) to send a message to the moderators. If you wish to make a complaint about a moderator, send a private message to AdminMsg.
- Posting Aids
- You cannot attach or upload actual files as samples.
- However, you can post small Excel screen shots using MrExcel HTML Maker (Win), Forum Tools Add-In by RoryA (Win & Mac), Excel jeanie (Win) or Borders-Copy-Paste (Either). There is a little more help about some of these methods in this Attachments Sticky. Test the methods in the Test Here forum before use in a main forum for the first time.
- If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker
- There is a Test Here forum on this board where you can test these posting aids before using them in your actual questions.
Last edited by Joe4; Oct 12th, 2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Guidelines Update