Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Easy-XL 30-Day Trial Available

Hello

We've launched the new Easy-XL Add-In. This tool is designed to make data analysis tasks far easier in Excel.

We often have spreadsheets that are essentially database tables: field names in row 1, and then rows and rows of records.

If you routinely work with such worksheets, then Easy-XL will make it easy to merge data from separate worksheets or separate workbooks. You can filter, query, index, and more.

The add-in works with Excel 2000 through Excel 2010 (32 bit). Support for 64-bit Excel 2010 will happen in 2010. Try out a free 30 day trial at www.Easy-XL.com.

If you have questions, issues, suggestions, post them here.

Bill
    View a collection of recent Excel articles in the Excel Daily News

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Easy-XL 30-Day Trial Available

What are the licensing requirements. For example, we may have up to 200+ people who have excel on their computer, would it be per computer or per site etc.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a per user license with different levels of volume discounts. A site license can also be arranged. Please contact Bill on sales at easy-xl.com

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the EULA I am not sure that the license is 'per user' but more like 'per computer' which is almost the same, but not quite?
    For example, as a user, I could not install it on my home computer and the computer that is (only) used by me at work.
    Obviously I could only use one of them at a time (they are 37 miles apart) but, unlike some other license agreements, it does not specifically say that the software may be used on two computers used only by the same user.
    Never give way to anger - otherwise in one day you could burn up the wood that you collected in many bitter weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Derek

Thanks for pointing this out. Let me talk this over here. Per user might be a better way to go, in case you have it installed at work and want to use it at home. I should have an answer in a day or so.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Derek

We are going to change the EULA to allow a person to have a second copy on their home PC or travel laptop.

Drop a note to support at easy-xl.com if you have bought a license and need a second one.

Bill

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Bill,
    That is great news! Thank you very much.
    I have just downloaded the trial version and if everything goes OK I will make the purchase etc. during the next few days.
    I should point out that the reason for downloading the trial version first is not because of any doubts about the performance or usefulness of the software (I am sure it will perform brilliantly) but just to make sure that I have no conflicts with other software on my home computer. I have both Excel 2003 and 2007 installed together with a number of add-ins and I did experience one conflict between two of them meaning that I have to have one enabled at a time in Tools/Add-ins to prevent the problem.
    Thanks again.
    Never give way to anger - otherwise in one day you could burn up the wood that you collected in many bitter weeks.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to 'tidy' my contribution to this post, I did find a conflict between add-ins (a description can be found at http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439362 post #5)
    This has not stopped me buying a license today - evaluation has told me that this is, without doubt, an excellent tool to have.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List