Thread: Easy-XL will NOT install 32OR64 bit & I cant get "RUN AS ADMIN" to come up!
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Easy-XL will NOT install 32OR64 bit & I cant get "RUN AS ADMIN" to come up!

Wanted to try the Easy-XL product, however ran into a bit of a problem....

1. I logged into my computer under ADMINISTRATOR and attempted to install the 64bit version on my computer.

1a.The first thing I noticed was I did not have any way to "Run as ADMIN" in the pop up menu.

1b.Furthermore, when I right clicked on the file name, and went down to properties, I could not modify it to run Admin mode. It was all greyed out.

2. I ended up canceling the install and tried to install not one, but THREE other products to see if I would get the "Run as Admin" option.
    Every one of them provided the option! (Only the Easy-XL products dont!)

3. I then tried to install the 64 bit version - yet when I loaded Excel, there was no MrExcel Tab available!

4. I uninstalled it and downloaded the 32bit version of Easy-XL and tried to install it. I ended up with the exact same results as mentioned above!

I am a Microsoft Partner, thus, I have and use their MS Partner OFFICE 2007 Software. I recall installing the 64 bit version -
    Is there a problem using the MS Partner software?
    Why don't I have an option?
    Why wont it give me the MrExcel Tab after install?

Does anyone have a clue?
    help! Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Easy-XL will NOT install 32OR64 bit & I cant get "RUN AS ADMIN" to come up!

After more investigation, I found that going to the EXCEL OPTIONS / Add-Ins there were two new items in there, and they were with regard to Easy-XL. The COM one said it did not load due to a Run Time Error occurring during the Loading of the COM add-in.

The other Easy-XL add-in was pointing to a folder that was empty. So Im guessing it was suppose to put something in there, but didnt ...

Ok .. Im all outta bullets ... I need some brainiac to help me out from here!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Easy-XL will NOT install 32OR64 bit & I cant get "RUN AS ADMIN" to come up!

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with the install.

The installers are MSI files. They can't be "Run as Admin". They will automatically ask for permission to elevate to admin during the setup process. The other products you mention that could be run as admin were most likely EXE based setups. For MSI files, you typically just double-click them to launch the install process.

Excel 2007 is 32-bit only so you need to install the 32-bit version (Easy-XLx86.msi) Our x64 version will sometimes install on systems running 32-bit Excel without generating an error message. When you load Excel, there's no sign of Easy-XL on Excel's ribbon tab. We're trying to figure this out. Many of our users have thought they were running Excel in 64-bit mode because they're using Win 7 x64.

Before you install the 32-bit version, make sure you uninstall the existing version using Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and Win7)

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are running a non-English version of Excel or Windows, we recommend that you download the .NET 4 version of Easy-XL from our downloads page:

http://www.easy-xl.com/iacrm.cgi?x=show&f=download

You can call (613-569-4675 option 2 GMT-5) or email (support at easy-xl dot com) our support line and we'll be glad to help you troubleshoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just posted some troubleshooting tips for Easy-XL installation problems:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557719

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up [SOLVED] Easy-XL will NOT install 32 OR 64 bit & I cant get "RUN AS ADMIN" to come up!

Fascinating! - You are right, Despite the fact that I was given an Option of Either 32 or 64 Bit Download from my Microsoft Partners Site, and I chose 64 Bit, I have in fact a 32bit Install !!
    I uninstalled and rebooted, then reinstalled the 32bit version –
    still No Tab!

So I uninstalled and this time - I DISABLED a Mozilla Firefox Add-on "NoScript", before I rebooted.

Upon reboot - I reinstalled the 32bit version- This time ...

With Success!

As for the final hiccup – I use Mozilla Firefox as a web browser, along with an an add-on called “NoScript”.
    (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/noscript/)

It seems that No-Script being active somehow effected the install.

I dont know how or why... All I know is that it works now!

Thank You for your help and support!
    Gratefully – a 50yo Excel Dummy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What version of Excel are you using?

Make sure you didn't install the 64-bit version of Easy-XL. That's for the 64-bit version of Excel and not the 64-bit version of Windows. If you did then simply uninstall using Control Panel and then download and install Easy-XLx86.exe, the 32-bit version.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List