Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Multiple date and time calulations

Hi guys. Can anyone please help with a spread sheet that will calculate the difference between multiple dates and times? I use material that has a life expectancy once removed from the freezer. IF that material is placed back in the freezer the count down stops. For example a roll having 10 days life from say 12:00 on the 1/07/13 will expire at 12:00 on the 11/07/13 at 12:00. IF that material is placed in the freezer on 5/07/13 at 12 then 5 days have come off its life. Once removed from the freezer that film has now only 5 days from the time it's removed.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Multiple date and time calulations

How are you recording the times when the material is removed from the freezer? Do you have a sheet where each "event" (remove from freezer, put back in freezer) is recorded as one row?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is. The data sheet would be something like this - 10 days life (240 hours). . . . Material expiry date 01/12/13. Original time out 01/07/13 @ 11:30 . . . into freezer - 01/07/13 @ 14:30 ( 3 hours off film life= 237 hours life) . . . . .Time out 01/08/13 @ 07:00 - Time in 05/08/13 @0700 - I've added an pic of a possible layout. Thanks for having a look. Click here

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many items will you need to be tracking at any one time? Are you thinking of having one sheet per item, or could you have a sheet listing the items and a second listing the events (where the item sheet is "updated" automatically based on events put into the event sheet)?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBates View Post
    How many items will you need to be tracking at any one time? Are you thinking of having one sheet per item, or could you have a sheet listing the items and a second listing the events (where the item sheet is "updated" automatically based on events put into the event sheet)?
    I'm sorry I'm maybe not explaining this right. I suppose I really need to know how to calculate a date and time from another date and time and have the hours and minutes that have lapsed. This time then deducted from a given of say 10 days. The result then needs to be returned to a date and time format if possible. I've uploaded a sample spread sheet. As you will see the calculations I have make no sense but I hope you get the idea. Click here

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a look at your sheet - thanks for that, it really helped.

I've made some changes (including a suggestion for a slightly different layout) and uploaded the revised sheet here. Let me know what you think.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh Misterbates that's exactly what I need!!! Thank you so much for the time you put into this.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pleasure.

Note that the table is not yet easily able to support tracking of multiple items. If you get to the stage where you have lots of sheets with one item per sheet and you'd like to collapse that into a single sheet, let me know.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will. Thanks again for your help

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others