Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Split Columns Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Split Columns Question

Greetings - I am testing the Excel addin and after merging two sheets I ended up with two columns combined. I guess I don't quite have the merge options figured out. I would like to now split one of the columns which contains a company name and the sales rep name, for example "Mr Excel Tickling Keys Tracy Syrstad" where there is only spaces. Most of the sales reps names are only two words and are on the left side of the column but I don't see an option that would allow me to split the column after the second or anything that would work. Any ideas on how to accomplish this without creating the sheet again?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Split Columns Question

The Easy-XL -> Columns -> Split Columns command will allow you to split a column up into multiple words based on a separator character that you specify. It sounds like you may have already done this using a space as the separator character. This would have resulted in a bunch of new columns being added to the sheet, each one containing a single word. You could then use the Easy-XL -> Columns -> Combine Columns command to recombine the first two of these columns (remember to add a space between each column you combine).

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others