Top 15 on another sheet

LeeBillington

Board Regular
Hey guys,

Quick question.

How would i go about getting a top 15 numbers from sheet 'pickrate' back to 'sheet1' for example

So the numbers are in sheet 'Pickrates' between k6:k1000

but also how could i also get the name allocated to them top numbers in a different column? the names are in B6:B1000

both returning back to 'sheet1' from pickrate.

Try:

=IFERROR(IF(D7="","",VLOOKUP(D7,Register!$B$6:$D$401,2,FALSE)),"-")

In short, to use IFERROR, just put the formula that might generate an error inside IFERROR like this:

=IFERROR( ...my formula... , "what I want to see if there is an error")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
So sad news.. i can't use index on the the computer at my work place. there's is 1997-2003 .. so outdated i know! haha is there anyway round that?

Upvote 0
Possibly (untested)...

=IF(D7="","",IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(D7,Register!$B$6:$D$401,2,FALSE)),"-",VLOOKUP(D7,Register!$B$6:$D$401,2,FALSE)))

or

=IF(D7="","",IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D7,Register!$B$6:$D$401,2,FALSE)),"-",VLOOKUP(D7,Register!$B$6:$D$401,2,FALSE)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
{=INDEX(pickrate!$B$6:$B$1000,SMALL(IF(pickrate!$K$6:$K$1000=A2,ROW($K$6:$K$1000)-ROW($K$6)+1),COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,A2)))}

<tbody>
</tbody>
I mean't this one isn't working,
{=INDEX(pickrate!$B$6:$B$1000,SMALL(IF(pickrate!$K$6:$K$1000=A2,ROW($K$6:$K$1000)-ROW($K$6)+1),COUNTIF($A$2:$A2,A2)))}

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What makes you think that is the issue? INDEX has been in place since at least Excel 2000.
Are you sure you are using Ctrl+Shift Enter and not putting in the curly brackets manually?

Post your data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just bumping this thread up as the OP has an issue where the formula is working in later versions of Excel but is producing a #NAME error in 97-2003.

The trouble is I can't see any function I remember as being non-compliant in 97-2003 and I haven't an old version to test on (plus my memory probably isn't being that good).

It would be appreciated if someone else could run their eyes over it.

The formula in question is

Upvote 0
I used the formula from post #15 in a copy of Excel 2000 I have, and it worked fine.

One thing I noticed is that you said you used the same file at work. If your version of Excel at home is 2007 or newer, then the file format changed. On your home version, select Save As, and in the Save as type dropdown list, select Excel 97-2003. Then try loading that file into your work PC.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back