Data Validation list + other text?

broth

Office Version
  1. 365
I would like to enter a data validation list along with two other options. I don't want to add the options to the actual list nor do I want to make a new list just for two other options.
Is is possible to enter both in the data validation source box?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
what are the 2 other options ? Data validation can use a list and can open a new drop down driven by the value in the first one.

Upvote 0
In the drop down list I would want the items in the Named Range along with other choices. i.e., A Name Range called Fruits that has two additional choices like Tomato and Corn. I don't want to add the extra choices to the Fruit's List and I dont want to make a Name Range for just two extra choices.

Upvote 0
The Named Range is "Fruit" there are 10 types of fruit in the list. I would like to add to other choices to that list with out actually adding them to the the named range and with out making a new named range.
For example, when trying to make a data validation list, I tried to enter this in the source box:
=Fruit,Tomato,Corn

Upvote 0
put 10 blank cells under the 10 fruits and make the block of 20 "fruit table", then you can add and delete at will

I am struggling to understand why you are limited to 10 fruits yet want to add an eleventh.....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back