Select data from another sheet

Jonyang

Hello,

I have a template for the items that generate based on formulas. Based on each item, the the template will generate calculation given by if formulas, and index match etc from selected worksheets. The trigger is located in cell C4 of template workbook.

I currently have say, band iron maiden in cell C4 in template worksheet. However, I want to go to next or loop, not sure which one is the best option, for a list of other selections in CON worksheet. Which values starts in A4:A, being that I want to add new bands in the near future.

I'm sure the VBA code is probably very simple. Can someone help me? And also, since the template's other dependant cells are based on cell C4, does the formula needs to be calculated after every selection? I have a code to parse out template and save them onto a designated folder, I just pretty much need a code that allows selection of data from another tab, using next, etc. Until the next cell is blank.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi

I'm not sure whether I understand what you require. You could use a "Do Until" statement to move over each cell until an empty cell is found, or alternatively, find the first empty cell in a row (LastCell=Range("A" & Columns.Count).End(xltoright).Column+1). Perhaps if you could supply some of your code, or examples?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back