based upon specific cells by pulling data from multiple sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

katie87

I'm really new to VBA and Excel, I know a few bits and I have created validation lists and a macro to rename the sheetname depending on what text is entered into a certain cell etc.

I don't really know where to begin with creating a macro to report back a list of sheet names onto the "overview/master" sheet if a certain cell on any of the other sheets contains a specific word. What is complicating this matter is I need it to reference a different cell on each sheet, depending on which options are selected from the two drop down boxes on the overview sheet. All in the same workbook btw.

In the most basic form, what I have created is an "OVERVIEW" sheet. This has two drop down boxes (using data validation lists) on it. It has two drop down lists, one contains the text Grade 1, Grade 2 etc) and the other drop down box contains levels e.g. Foundation, Intermediate, Expert etc. Each list has 5 entries.
The rest of the sheets contain a grid matrix 5 rows on the vertical axis (Grade 1-5) and 5 columns on the horizontal axis(levels, eg foundation/intermediate/expert.) Each sheet is the exactly the same template, same reference in the same cells etc. This will then be filled in when someone finishes grade 1 foundation, the box in the matrix that refers to that level would be filled with the text "completed" on that particular sheet. Each person has their own sheet so they will either say completed/in progress/not done depending on who has done what.

I need a macro that will say if the overview sheet C5 = "Grade1" AND E5 = "Foundation" (both the drop down boxes) then loop through all workbook sheets & look at cell E13 (the grade 1 foundation box) and if it says "completed" in that box on any of the sheets, then copy the sheetname into a box on the "overview" sheet in a list in cells I5-I11. so anyone who has completed that level will be listed on the overview sheet. I need it to work for any grade/level that is selected from the two drop down boxes.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi Katie.

Welcome to the forum. :) It seems that you have asked this question before. I am going to close this thread and move goers' reply to the latest thread.

In future please try to keep your topics to a single thread. You can reply back to your own posts, so please do that if you want to add further clarifications and/or related questions.

Please follow this thread: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...names-based-two-drop-down-box-selections.html

Thanks
Jon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back