Pivot table doesn't group months & years like a table filter

This is a discussion on Pivot table doesn't group months & years like a table filter within the Excel Questions forums, part of the Question Forums category; Hello all, I don't know if this has always been the case but in Excel 2010 the date as a ...

Default Pivot table doesn't group months & years like a table filter

Hello all,

I don't know if this has always been the case but in Excel 2010 the date as a pivot filter doesn't group the months and year like in a table filter. The data format is correct. Is there a way to make it happen?

Thanks

Board Regular

Default Re: Pivot table doesn't group months & years like a table filter

ive had the same issue in the past. What I did to resolve this is add two columns and in the first column, I used = Text(Date reference, "YYYY") and the other =Text(Date Reference, "MM").
    This returned the value of the year and the month in two columns. Make sure to add the headings. Then when you want to sort the columns by dates, choose year then month in the pivot table.

Hope that helps.
    Write a man a macro he is happy for the day....teach a man to write a macro, he'll be happy forever!

Default Re: Pivot table doesn't group months & years like a table filter

Thanks for your help dermie_72. I used a similar format to that previously. All good. Thanks

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others