Thread: Advanced Question on difference between dates

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advanced Question on difference between dates

Greetings,

In my spreadsheet, each row represents a specific event, with the columns having data about the events. I have a column for "Start date of Event" and a column for "End date of Event". The cells in these columns have simple dates in them. What I am hoping to do is identify if there is ever a duration of greater than a set number of days (60 days) between the "End date" of one event and the "Start date" of another event. The tricky parts are that some of these events overlap and they don't have set durations. Does anyone have any idea if this is possible? Please let me know if I can explain this further. Thank you!

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Advanced Question on difference between dates

Welcome to the Board!

Is your data sorted by the column with the date field?

It would probably be beneficial to post a sample of your data so we can see what it looks like.
    You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.
    TIPS FOR FINDING EXCEL SOLUTIONS
    1. Use the built-in Help that comes with Excel/Access
    2. Use the Search functionality on this board
    3. A lot of VBA code can be acquired by using the Macro Recorder.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life!"

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others