Trust Center disable macros setting does not always defeat Workbook_Open

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trust Center disable macros setting does not always defeat Workbook_Open

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trust Center disable macros setting does not always defeat Workbook_Open

I have been working in VBA for 20 years and never seen this.

Note I just upgraded to 32-bit Office 365 Pro Plus Version 1612 (Build 7668.2074) on 64-bit Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. All Windows and Office updates allowed by the company IT admins are in place.

I have two workbooks with Workbook_Open macros. One is very small, the other extremely large and complex. When I tell Trust Center to disable macros without notification the small workbook obeys but the large workbook rebels and runs Workbook_Open anyway. In addition, after the workbook has opened completely and is ready, I can run any macro on demand and event procedures all work perfectly.

What gives?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Trust Center disable macros setting does not always defeat Workbook_Open

Is the large workbook in a trusted location on your computer and the smaller one not?
    Test VBA on a copy of your data (remember you can't normally reverse the action)

Please follow the forum Rules and Guidelines & please use Code tags around your code i.e. [CODE]your code[/CODE]

To post a screenshot try one of these links
    MrExcel HTML Maker, Excel jeanie, RoryA addin (Win & Mac) or Borders-Copy-Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Trust Center disable macros setting does not always defeat Workbook_Open

Quote Originally Posted by MARK858 View Post
    Is the large workbook in a trusted location on your computer and the smaller one not?
    I have one trusted location -- a Sharepoint server I never use and no, these workbooks have nothing to do with Sharepoint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you opening the small workbook manually and the large one programmatically?
    Last edited by shg; Jun 19th, 2017 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shg View Post
    Are you opening the small workbook manually and the large one programmatically?
    No, my test only involved manual open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen that happen. I would try running AppsPro CodeCleaner on the file, but only because it's the only thing I can think of.

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others