Charting - Only plot real values

Jarke

Board Regular
Hello,

I have created a dynamic name range, with formulas in the rows. When I chart this area it will display values as I add more down the rows. My problem is tho that I don't want it to plot if the formula don't show my wanted value.

My cell goes blank if another cell is blank, but it still plots in the chart as it's a formula in the cell. I have tried with #N/A or #Error or others but with no success.

In the image below, you can see that the chart continues to plot even if there is a zero or #N/A, I would like it to stop after the last "5". But how?
https://ibb.co/kTwGh5

As there needs to be a formula in the cell, my thought is to make it #N/A or something else, to make the chart exclude it from the data. Best is if it stop at F23.

-If i had formulas 1000 rows down, my data would be cornered and been very small as the x-axis would be so large.

How do I restrict the chart only to plot real values?

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Perhaps a "-" or IF function in the dynamic name range formula, that makes it only count my real values, and ignores empty or #N/A cells?

Upvote 0
First, you probably really want an XY Scatter chart, not a Line chart. You can format the scatter chart to draw lines and no markers, but you can't fix the goofy way the line chart treats X values.

Second, you can probably make your formulas in column F determine when to stop putting values (extraneous 5's or following zeros) in the column.

Upvote 0
Thanks Jon for your answer. After alot of testing and trying I managed to fix it, I just used COUNT instead of COUNTA. Haha.. Sometimes it's easier than you'd think.. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back