Conditional Formatting: Find last row with text and make the following rows remove all formats

lawi227

Board Regular
I have a table with 3 columns. The table contains formulas in all three columns that returns data. See example below:

Column BColumn CColumn D
Person# #
Alex54
Phil6
Luke197
John2
Tori2

<tbody>
</tbody>

You'll notice that after "Tori" there are blanks; however there are formula in those rows for when I add more people to my database; the formula will extract those names I add. However, visually I do not like seeing the borders around those empty boxes. How can I make the last three rows in this table not have any borders?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Since it's just 3 rows you're talking about, have you considered simply manually hiding them? If you've got an official table (i.e., Excel recognizes it as a table and it's not just a list of data), then you can't really adjust portions of how the table looks. But you can hide specific rows if you don't want them showing up. Bear in mind that if you filter the table, the manually hidden rows will show up (provided they meet the filter criteria). However, as soon as you clear all filters from the table, the manually hidden rows will become hidden again.

Upvote 0
It's not in a table technically. It's just cells with borders.

I want to have the functionality that will do it automatically so I do not have to manually hide rows every time I add data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back