Macro to Copy Info and Paste to another tab and then delete afterwards from original tab

shawn2209

Hello,

So I am building a sheet that is tracking inventory within totes at work. There is two macros that I need help on. So a little info before I get into the need of macros, I have a macro currently built that keeps a running list of items that is in the tote and when you push a button it copies and pastes that information from the tab ( Look up ) to another tab (Overage Tracking Running Report) for a running list of inventory and also deletes that data so the employee can start a new list of inventory for the next tote. So with the first macro, on another tab ( Look up ) I have VLOOKUP formulas that when the employee scans the UPC of the item it looks that item up on the running list of totes with the inventory attached. I am needing to build the first macro to have it to where if the employee scans the UPC and if that item is linked to an existing tote on that list, it give the employee the tote that item is in and also the location to the tote. There is a check mark beside that information for the employee to check when they find that item in the tote to fulfill a customer order. So in other words if they find that item in the tote, they are suppose to take that item out of the tote and put it in a box to ship out to the customer. I am wanting the first macro to auto delete the item out of the tote on the running list of inventory ( Overage Tracking Running Report) if that box gets checked. So I would need the macro to run a lookup for that UPC and tote on the mass inventory list ( Overage Tracking Running Report) if that box is checked and also delete just that UPC from that tote on that list but leave the remaining inventory in the tote. For the second macro, I have a conditional format on that running list of inventory ( Overage Tracking Running Report) to turn red when that tote is between 24 to 72 hours old. I am wanting that macro to auto copy that data of the inventory and the tote number and paste it to a separate tab ( ICQA Overage Running Report) and then delete it from the original list ( Overage Tracking Running Report). Also on that tab (ICQA Overage Running Report) have it auto delete the information of the whole tote if a box is checked. I added check boxes within the spread sheet besides marking a cell. If that is a big no no or a harder way to achieve what I am trying to accomplish then please give me guidance on what's the easiest way to perform this. The team is really depending on me to master this excel spreadsheet to help out the whole building. So please help me, help my company. Below is an example of the information on the running list of inventory of totes. A column is date, B is either UPC, Tote, or Carton depending on what they are locating to a location, C is empty, D is used to provide Tote information if they are filling the totes with UPC's, and E is the location of either the Tote or Carton. I was just testing what I already have now so please excuse the random Tote Numbers or titles of locations.

7/22/17UPCToteTote Location
VAST230984230948HAHA
7/23/17UPCToteTote Location
987987T091823HAHA
7/21/17UPCToteTote Location
987987T1230982HAHA
7/22/17ToteTote Location
T1092834089PANDA
7/22/17ToteTote Location
7/22/17CartonTote Location
9812340981PANDA
7/22/17ToteTote Location
T1010VAS
C11818PANDA
C181818PANDA

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back