Difficult formula, please help

andymac83

Bitcoin calculator - Google Drive

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and need some help.
Above is the link to a calculator a friend has made however it's not quite finished.
How it works:
I start with a number of packs (B10) which is determined by the starting balance (B3) and each day the overall value of the packs increases.
When the overall value (B9) increases by a certain amount the number of packs increases by 1.

So that part is sorted however, each pack only has a lifespan of 140 days, after which it stops contributing to the overall balance.

So, I need a formula (if there is one) that will deduct each pack 140 days after they started but not also deduct from the overall balance.

Sorry if this sounds like nonsense lol any help would be great :D

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
not clear to me - suggest you make up a simple spreadsheet to paste on here and re-phrase your question....

Upvote 0
Unfortunately it's not simple.

1. Looking at the data below, the value the current BTC balance will increase each day by 1%. I.e if I set the current date to 08/04/17 the current BTC balance will increase by 7*1%

2. When the current BTC balance increases by 0.024 the current packs will increase by 1.

3. 140 days later that pack will expire and no longer gain interest. I.e if I set the current date to 141 days after the start date the 17 packs I've started with will no longer gain interest so they need to be deducted from the current packs but the interest it's gained must still be added in the current BTC balance.

Again I'm sorry if it seems long winded.

Bitcoin value of 1 pack 0.024
Starting BTC balance 0.0384
Start Date 28/07/17

Curent Date 28/07/17
Days 0

Current BTC Balance 0.03840
Current packs 17

Upvote 0
you say the start date is 28/07/17 and that you have 17 packs and a balance of 0.03840 but in your first sentence you refer to setting the current date to 08/04/17 - I am still confused.

are the packs composed of bitcoins or are you selling something for "x" bitcoins ?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately it's not simple.

1. Looking at the data below, the value the current BTC balance will increase each day by 1%. I.e if I set the current date to 08/04/17 the current BTC balance will increase by 7*1%
So the interest is not compound? It is based on the initial value?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back