bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm thinking about taking the MS advanced Excel exam so I can add this to my resume. Does anyone know what is the best study materials to get to study for the exam? Is there a website i could go to for exam dates and times?

Thank you,

Michael

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I guess that would depend on where in the world you are actually living ??
The best study materials would also depend on what you were going to use Excel for !
Finance, science, statistics ??
BUT more importantly, the best way to study is have an actual project that requires Excel and build it from the ground up !

Upvote 0
I've been using Excel for 20 years years as a Financial and Commissions analyst. Most of the companies I've worked for are really Excel intensive and I've made an effort to streamline their processes the best I could. I'm a situation where I would like to add something to my education without having to go back to school for an MBA or take the CPA exam though those credentials would be better to have. I'm 60 going on 61 in Sept so I don't have the get up and go like I did 20-30 years ago.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area ...

Michael

Upvote 0
I could be wrong here, but I would think that with your knowledge and skills gained so far you wouldn't need to get Excel certification !
While the cert might be great on your resume, you skills would be much better proof !
AND
at 61, your life skills would also be a better reflection of what you can do.....In short, save your money !!

Upvote 0
I think you're right. If I were just starting out that might be a different story. I'll save my $$$, like you suggest. Once I sit down at my desk, the resume means nothing - it's what I do afterwards that will might the difference.

Upvote 0
Yep, your right....I was a Surveyor and Senior Estimator, so did a lot of Excel.
I retired and now a do casual work driving a courtesy coach...go figure ...(y)

Upvote 0
How is that working out? I might end up doing something like that myself

Upvote 0
Great....as long as you don't get a bus full of drunks....then it's hell !!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back