Next Cell Selection

Stealth2016

I am trying to write an excel spreadsheet Darts Score Book for my local Dart League and need to be able to control the next cell selection for data input over 3 rows of 14 columns for each team (Triples Game). That is 84 cells in total (B7:O9 and Z7:AM9). First entry being Cell B7 then Z7, B8, Z8, B9, Z9, C7, AA7 etc. Can this be done. I also need to do this for Doubles and Singles matches.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Ok Dave I have inserted your code into the correct Modules and it all compiles ok. Excel is happy. Still no joy with the Tabbing from cell to cell even after creating the list you suggested. Bill.

Upvote 0
Ok Dave I have inserted your code into the correct Modules and it all compiles ok. Excel is happy. Still no joy with the Tabbing from cell to cell even after creating the list you suggested. Bill.

Sounds like getting there.

Code works when sheet is activated - Click on another sheet then come back it & see if that works.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,

You added a sheet name to the Const Variable that is different to the sheet you need.

The line should read as follows:

Public Const TabSheet As String = "Div 1"

Edit with correct name & hopefully, all will work ok.

To change the Tab Order, you edit cell addresses in the table as required.

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,

You added a sheet name to the Const Variable that is different to the sheet you need.

The line should read as follows:

Public Const TabSheet As String = "Div 1"

Edit with correct name & hopefully, all will work ok.

To change the Tab Order, you edit cell addresses in the table as required.

Dave

Dave, that works brilliantly. I have a meeting tonight with the Dart League Committee and I am sure there going to be very happy with the Score Sheet progress. (I am a Life Member of the League and am doing this so they don't have to pay out $1200.00 every 2 years for score books) Is there any way you can add another Tab Order that will do the same thing but Starting at Z7 on the score sheet then going to B7, Z8, B8,Z9,B9,AA7, C7 etc. This would then take in to account that games can start from either side of the score sheet depending on who wins the nearest to the bullseye.

Bill Slaney.

Upvote 0
Dave, that works brilliantly. I have a meeting tonight with the Dart League Committee and I am sure there going to be very happy with the Score Sheet progress. (I am a Life Member of the League and am doing this so they don't have to pay out $1200.00 every 2 years for score books) Is there any way you can add another Tab Order that will do the same thing but Starting at Z7 on the score sheet then going to B7, Z8, B8,Z9,B9,AA7, C7 etc. This would then take in to account that games can start from either side of the score sheet depending on who wins the nearest to the bullseye.

Bill Slaney.

Hi Bill,
glad issue resoved & solution doing what you want.

Solution can be adapted to include other sheets & when get time, will look at it for you (I'm on granddad duty today)

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back