VBA based programme - help needed!

KamilS

Hello all,

fairly new to VBA coding although enjoying it so much - great fun !!!

I am working on a vba based programme and on most of the occasions I could find an article or advise on forums that allowed me to get through all of the hoops without bothering anyone :) until today....

I am building a product specification programme which basically holds information for hundreds of products and helps me with management of that data. One of the functions of this programme is to produce a printable copy of a product specification showing all of the attributes of a product. How this happens is that when I chose a product form a combo box in main menu (userform) - the product name is copied into blank product specification which is made on a seperate worksheet form where I have INDEX/MATCHED all of the attributes of certain product with information across several worksheets (name form a combobox is copied into cell in the product form and all of the data is INDEX/MATCHED with this product name) - this allows me to pull all of the relevant info in one place and all of this works great - no issues... although for one of the attributes I need to carry over text formatting from one of the worksheets (some of the text in a string needs to be bold)... I know I can't make the INDEX/MATCH function carry the formatting over and I know I cant apply any formatting to the cell with the result of the INDEX/MATCH because the actual txt isn't there...

How would I approach this?

How can I copy the text information with txt format into one cell and keep the rest with INDEX/MATCH functions?

Please let me know if you would need additional information to explain this better :)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best regards

Kamil

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
If you are asking if VBA can be used to change the format of part of a string in a cell that contains a formula, that is the string is returned by a formula, as far as I know that cannot be done.

Upvote 0
Hi Joe,

as I thought so... what could be the alternative for INDEX/MATCH in this case?

How would I match the correct attribute of a product with desired product and copy the information with formatting to the right cell?

Programme currently works:

I chose the product form combo list and all of the info is INDEX/MATCHED from several worksheets into separate worksheet

'Thanks for your reply

Kamil

Upvote 0
You could have a macro that copies the sheet with your index-match formulas, then converts all the formulas to values and formats the cells as you want them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back