palaeontology

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I've inherited two spreadsheets (Yr 8 Math 2017 and Yr 9 Math 2017), both have a filter on the range MARKS!$A$4:$FK$359

The filters work fine on the Yr 8 2017 spreadsheet, whether the sheet (MARKS) is protected or not ... ie: the user can click on a filter and filter as required.

The filters on the Yr 9 Math 2017 spreadsheet only allow the user to use them when the worksheet (MARKS) is unprotected. When it's protected, the filters cannot be activated.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the creator of the two spreadsheets might have done with the Year 9 spreadsheet that's causing the filters to not be activated when the sheet is protected ?

I'm using Excel 2013.

Kind regards,

Chris

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
When you protect a worksheet you have the option of whether to allow users to use AutoFilter or not. Seems like the creator has allowed it on one but not the other.
On a fresh worksheet, look at manually Protecting it (on the Review ribbon tab) and look at the options available in that dialog box.

Upvote 0
Peter, thankyou, so much, for that solve.

I had completely forgotten about the option to allow autofilter or not.

And my apologies too for not responding to some of the assistance I've received in recent days.

I'm usually pretty on top of that sort of thing, but I've allowed to let things get away from me.

My apologies again,

Kind regards,

Chris

Upvote 0
Peter, thankyou, so much, for that solve.

I had completely forgotten about the option to allow autofilter or not.
No problem.

And my apologies too for not responding to some of the assistance I've received in recent days.

I'm usually pretty on top of that sort of thing, but I've allowed to let things get away from me.

My apologies again,

Kind regards,

Chris
So, is there any chance we can progress this one too?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back