Linking Data from Team Member Spreadsheet to Team View Spreadsheet

MikeXYZ7

Hi There

I couldn't find any reference to this issue so I'm posting and I really hope one of you clever people out there have experienced this issue?

At work, myself and the team use a shared drive (G) to save our work files. The team folder has 10 team member files in it and each team member is working on their own standard spreadsheet.

The standard spreadsheet has a "results" tab and that tab contains a table - standard size.

What I am trying to do is link with each team member's results table and pull the data into the master sheet to give me a real time update on how the team's work is progressing.

I can easily get this to work when I open both a Team Member Spreadsheet and My Own Master List at my own PC - the link is instantaneous. But when one of the team members open the exact spreadsheet I was working on (from their own PC), the link does not work at all.

The IT guys seem to think that the network isn't creating a firewall and as all the files are in the same folder, there shouldn't be any network related issues (but I am not sure if this is true).

Is there anything obvious I am missing here as my research into the issue has drawn a blank!

I hope the above makes sense?

Kind regards

Mike

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back