Conditional Formatting Based on Font Color

thompmj1977

Good evening all,

I'm working on a spreadsheet for work and have a conditional formatting question. My spreadsheet is meant to store process data, with the batch ID in column A and process data in columns M through AI. The process data columns are conditionally formatted to change the font red if the data in it are out of specification. In order to provide the user with a quick idea of whether or not a batch is in spec, I'd like to highlight the corresponding batch ID cell yellow. For instance, if the batch in row 2 has an out of spec value in column M (meaning the font would be red), I want A2 highlighted yellow. If no font is red, I would like to highlight the batch ID green. Finally, occasionally a batch is rejected for other reasons, and in those cases I'd like to highlight the batch ID red. There is a column for weight data, which is set to 0 if it is rejected for other reasons, so this could be used as a conditional format on it's own.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Mike

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
You cannot base the CF on the "results" of the other CF, but you can base it on the exact same rule, just change the "applies To" reference

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the help but I was wondering...is it possible to accomplish this through VBA code? The worksheet runs a macro to copy the process data out of a spreadsheet and paste it into a single table that lists each batch. VBA code that could be placed within that macro would be very helpful.

Thanks.
Mike.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back