changing text formula?

biglb79

Is there a formula that I can type to change the text July to August? Like I have July in cell E5 and when rolling forward I would want August in D5. Same question with changing AS OF JULY 31, 2017 to AS OF AUGUST 31, 2017.

Thanks in advance

I have one last one that I could use help on. I thought I could figure it out on my own from the others, but it's proving to be a challenge.

AS OF JUNE 30, 2017 - YEAR-TO-DATE (is in cell E1) and I want July to be in D1

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
sorry, my post must have been misleading. I wanted it to say "AS OF JULY 31, 2017 - YEAR-TO-DATE"

Upvote 0
sorry, my post must have been misleading. I wanted it to say "AS OF JULY 31, 2017 - YEAR-TO-DATE"
Okay, give this a try...

="AS OF "&UPPER(TEXT(EOMONTH(MID(LEFT(E1,FIND("-",E1)-1),7,99),1),"mmmm d, yyyy"))&" - YEAR-TO-DATE"

Upvote 0
I'm trying to record a macro rolling forward our sheets and when I did for August it lists August 30, 2017 for this formula. is there something I can add to ensure it does August 31, September 30, October 31, November 30, etc... moving forward?

="AS OF " & UPPER(TEXT(EDATE(DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E3,"AS OF ","")),1),"mmmm d, yyyy"))

Upvote 0
I'm trying to record a macro rolling forward our sheets and when I did for August it lists August 30, 2017 for this formula. is there something I can add to ensure it does August 31, September 30, October 31, November 30, etc... moving forward?

="AS OF " & UPPER(TEXT(EDATE(DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(E3,"AS OF ","")),1),"mmmm d, yyyy"))
Did you see the formulas I posted in Message #10 yet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back