highlight if 3 consecutive cells are 0

chas3

If D4=0, E4=0, and F4=0, i would like to highlight D4, E4, F4. How do I make that happen?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Have you looked at conditional formatting rather than VBA, a conditional formula of =AND(D4=0,E4=0,F4=0) should be sufficient

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If D4=0, E4=0, and F4=0, i would like to highlight D4, E4, F4. How do I make that happen?

Welcome to the forums!

You should be able to achieve this through conditional formatting. Are you wanting to apply this to a larger range (i.e. D:F entire columns?) or are you only needing to highlight these three specific cells?

Upvote 0
Yes, My data range is D4:AH49. It's a sales tracking sheet. I want to highlight when there have been no sales for 3 consecutive days for each salesperson. Sales people are in Column B from B4:B49, days of the month are across the top from B4:AH49. Using the AND statement referenced above fails to highlight the last two days of the 3 (or more) day string

Upvote 0
I tried the AND statement but it doesn't highlight the last two days of the 3 or more day string of 0s. Any ideas on how to get it to highlight every cell with a 0 when there are 3 or more consecutive cells in a row with 0?

Upvote 0
I tried the AND statement but it doesn't highlight the last two days of the 3 or more day string of 0s. Any ideas on how to get it to highlight every cell with a 0 when there are 3 or more consecutive cells in a row with 0?
Are your numbers in the range D4:AH49 constants or the result of formulas?

Also, is the range D4:AH49 fixed and never changing?

Upvote 0
The numbers are the result of formulas pulling from another worksheet in the same workbook. The range is fixed and should not change.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back