Auto populate by drop down list

Reudig

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a delicate question about Excel which I'm not really good at ^^ and I hope that you can help me.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here's what I want to do: I would like some Cells to be populated in a certain way when I choose a specific value in a drop down menu.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What I've got so far: I've created the drop down list which contains "1st Grade", "2nd Grade" ... and so on ... I've also made 4 lists containing entries for each grade.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now, when I choose 1st Grade in my Drop Down List I want all the entries from the List 1st Grade to appear in certain cells.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How do I do that?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hope my explanation was clear enough, if not, plz let me now immediately![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reudig[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Thx Mick!

I see where you're going with this.
However I fear I cannot use it that easily ^^
Since I know hardly anything about programming this line is complete gibberish to me: Set Rng = .Range(.Cells(1, Val(Left(Target.Value, 1))), .Cells(Rows.Count, Val(Left(Target.Value, 1))).End(xlUp))

The main problem for me atm are my entries, which are organized differently than yours.
I'll try to upload the file I have so far, so that you can take a look at it.

Thx again
Reudig

Upvote 0
Ok, so here's my file. I hope Google Drive is ok for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxryAzDn-xCuRU1ySVE0R3dRSUU/view?usp=sharing

This is to keep track who received which books.

In "Tabelle1" there is a form. Most of it has to be filled out by hand by my students. In green there's the drop down menu.
Further down are yellowish and light blue areas.

In "Buecher1" you'll find the entries I would like to show up in the form in "Tabelle1", I've colorcoded them so you know what should go where.
ATM "2. Klasse" is in "Buecher1", however I would love to have extra tabs for all the grades. There should also be a "Buecher2" which contains books for the 2nd Grade (2. Klasse) and Buecher3 aaaaand Buecher4, that's it.

Also there's a tab called "Klassen" which I just created for the drop down menu, didn't know any other way to ^^

Thx again!
Reudig

Upvote 0
Can you show in "Tablle1" the result of selecting "1. Klass" in Buecher1",
Their are basically 6 rows in "1 Klass" , but their are 15 columns (spaces) in row 36 & 36 of "Tablle1".
What columns does the data go in ????

Upvote 0
Ah ok ...

When you select 1. Klasse in the Drop Down List all the entries from Buecher1 B3:C7 should go into Tabelle1 D35:R36, whereas the Titles of the Books should go into the yellow cells and the SBNR (which is a book code number) should go into the blue cells.
In Tabelle1 you can see that the slots for the book are numbered from 1-15, but it might be that Buecher1/2/3/4 don't contain that many books, so it's okay if some yellow/blue cells on Tabelle1 remain empty.
Also the text in those colored cells in Tabelle1 should appear vertically.

Upvote 0
also just to be clear: it would be awesome if that were possible:

if you select 2. Klasse in the Drop Down Menu it should take the data from Buecher2 and show them in the form on Tabelle1.
Same goes for 3. Klasse --> Buecher3 and 4. Klasse --> Buecher4

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back