Conditional Formatting to Create Harvey Balls or other icon set

Chris Waller

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am using Excel 2010 and need a little help creating Harvey Balls or other icon set. I am using the =Right(E2,1) formula to pick a number from cell E2. I am doing the same to lift data from cell F2, G2, H2 and I2. I am then attempting to use conditional formatting to show the Harvey Balls etc, but I am experiencing problems, perhaps because I am using a formula instead of a value. I have been looking at this for some time now and I just can't seem to get it to work. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. TIA

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
harvey balls appear to be a type of font and I am not sure how conditional formatting can help - but easy to place them in the adjacent cell, can you clarify please ?

Upvote 0
Under Conditional Formatting, Icon Set, under ratings there are various options that can be chosen. I ahve used the Harvey Balls option previously, however I have used these based on values, however, now I am trying to use them based on the results of a formula and they don't appear to be working. All I am after is some way to get the thing working. I am still working on it but to no avail. TIA

Upvote 0
I use 2000 so cannot help - but - is the ball in a certain cell and becomes visible if, say, T1>10

Upvote 0
Using the =RIGHT(E2,1) formula will force your result to be text and not a number as you're using a string manipulation function. Try using:

Code:
=RIGHT(E2,1)+0

Which will force the result to be a number and not a string.

WBD

Upvote 0
Using the =RIGHT(E2,1) formula will force your result to be text and not a number as you're using a string manipulation function. Try using:

Code:
=RIGHT(E2,1)+0

Which will force the result to be a number and not a string.

WBD

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you, but your suggestion worked fine for me. Thanks again,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back