Delete rows from summary sheet

MrsWaggs

Hello All,

I have taken over a workbook and it looks absolutely messy. I need to be able to delete rows from the summary sheet of the workbook, without compromising the data on the other sheets. How can I do this?

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Re: How Do I delete rows from summary sheet

And why would deleting a row on the "Summary" sheet have any effect on the other sheets.
And what is the criteria for deleting a row on the Summary sheet?

Do you want some sort of vba script to delete these rows or do you plan to do this manually.
You have provided no details.

Upvote 0

And why would deleting a row on the "Summary" sheet have any effect on the other sheets.
And what is the criteria for deleting a row on the Summary sheet?

Do you want some sort of vba script to delete these rows or do you plan to do this manually.
You have provided no details.

You are right and I do apologize about that. So my workbook contains about 10 other sheets in which the summary sheet (the first sheet) picks up information from. When this workbook was originally created, it was made with every company we bill to, names. Now, not all the companies use this type of billing, so now we have a sheet with hundreds of names on it that use no data. I am trying to get rid of these names instead of just hiding them. I was told that if I delete these names, that the data from the other sheets might be messed up. Is this true? will deleting these rows, cause for the formulas to mess up on the other sheets it gets information from?

Upvote 0

that the data from the other sheets might be messed up. Is this true? will deleting these rows, cause for the formulas to mess up on the other sheets it gets information from?

No. That won't happen. We could exclude the Sheets you do not need on the summary sheet, but then we would need to see the code you are using at present.

Upvote 0

In order for a formula to get messed up by deleting something it would have to reference it. Since it is a summary sheet one would expect on formula on the other sheets reference to the summary sheet but if someone did use the summary sheet in calculations that deleting cells would cause errors.

Upvote 0

Before deleting any of the names do it on a COPY of your workbook. Just in-case.
As long as there are no formulae on the other sheets looking at the summary sheet, you should be ok.

Upvote 0

@ Scott T & Fluff,

You are correct. I assumed the summary sheet is handled by VBA.:(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back