Still stuck. why wont this work?

crazybuckeyeguy

I have an excel sheet with multiple rows similar to rows like you see below. the name field is column A and on row 2 the column a is blank. I escentialy need my vba to delete both lines is the second row has MEDL- UNPAID. unfortunalty our stupid progam sometimes puts the MEDL- UNPAID in row 1 and the Multi_skill in row 2. what am I doing wrong?
KUBALEK, JAMILAMulti_Skill 6:00 AM 2:30 PMMulti_Skill 6:00 AM 2:30 PM
MEDL- UNPAID 6:00 AM 2:30 PM

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Sub fixBlanknametest()
Sheets("Data").Activate
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = lr To 12 Step -1

If Cells(i & 8).Value = "Multi_skill" And Cells(i & 1 + 1).Value = "" And Cells(i & 8 + 1).Value = "MEDL- UNPAID" _
Then
Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i
End Sub

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Re: Still stuck. why wont this work??????

Hi there,

Let me know how this goes (just initially try it on a copy of your data as the results cannot be undone if they're not as expected):

Code:
Option Explicit
Sub fixBlanknametest()

Dim lr As Long
    Dim i  As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("Data").Activate
    lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row 'Gets the last row from Col. A.  Is this reliable??
    For i = lr To 12 Step -1
        If StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "multi_skill" And Len(Cells(i, "B")) = 0 And StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "medl- unpaid" Then
            Rows(i).Delete
        End If
    Next i

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Regards,

Robert

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hi there,

Let me know how this goes (just initially try it on a copy of your data as the results cannot be undone if they're not as expected):

Code:
Option Explicit
Sub fixBlanknametest()

Dim lr As Long
    Dim i  As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("Data").Activate
    lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row 'Gets the last row from Col. A.  Is this reliable??
    For i = lr To 12 Step -1
        If StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "multi_skill" And Len(Cells(i, "B")) = 0 And StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "medl- unpaid" Then
            Rows(i).Delete
        End If
    Next i

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Regards,

Robert
thanks, it did not work. I attached a link of my excel worksheet hope this helps. https://ibb.co/d3kyJk

Upvote 0

It's very hard to know what's happening from a picture but there seems to a space on either side of the dash in "MEDL - UNPAID" where your original code (and hence my code) only had one space i.e. "MEDL- UNPAID".

Add the extra space so the line looks like this...

Code:
If StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "multi_skill" And Len(Cells(i, "B")) = 0 And StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "medl - unpaid" Then

...and try again.

Robert

Upvote 0

It's very hard to know what's happening from a picture but there seems to a space on either side of the dash in "MEDL - UNPAID" where your original code (and hence my code) only had one space i.e. "MEDL- UNPAID".

Add the extra space so the line looks like this...

Code:
If StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "multi_skill" And Len(Cells(i, "B")) = 0 And StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "medl - unpaid" Then

...and try again.

Robert
Yea it is hard to see it is MEDL- UNPAID. I tried changing it before replying earlier.

Upvote 0

The other thing is that "Multi_Skill" is in Col. H in the row immediately above where the code is at which I overlooked so see how this goes:

Code:
If StrConv(Cells(i-1, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "multi_skill" And Len(Cells(i, "B")) = 0 And StrConv(Cells(i, "H"), vbLowerCase) = "medl - unpaid" Then

Regards,

Robert

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back