Match Keyword in Excel

Mohanmoni

Hi,

I am looking for excel formula i.e matches keyword in entire column. for example in "Column A" i have 1000 list of details about products. Now i want to find who are using product "Red", "Green", "Orange"......etc

Column "A"
ABC Red
Green XYZ
Orange GHI
--
--
--

Please get me formula for find the cell that contains above keyword (Red, Green, Orange...)

Regards,
Mohan

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi,

I am looking for excel formula i.e matches keyword in entire column. for example in "Column A" i have 1000 list of details about products. Now i want to find who are using product "Red", "Green", "Orange"......etc

Column "A"
ABC Red
Green XYZ
Orange GHI
--
--
--

Please get me formula for find the cell that contains above keyword (Red, Green, Orange...)

Regards,
Mohan

We would want more details if to assist. Firstly your example is confusing as the initial entry is not consistent with the other two.
Secondly, are those products replicated in that list?
Lastly, where are the clients/users located, and are their names also likely to be replicated?

Um? What do you wish as an outcome? Like, how would you see your report?

I'm unlikely to develop any of that, but they are questions that clearly need to be answered.

Upvote 0
TitleKeywordTitle_ResultKeyword
Technology - Compliance and Business ContinuityHuman ResourceTechnology - Compliance and Business ContinuityTechnology
Foundation Training OperationsOperationFoundation Training OperationsOperation
Human Resource SupervisorInformation TechnologyHuman Resource SupervisorHuman Resource
Vendor Training OperationsEngineeringVendor Training OperationsOperation
Industry and Application Delivery Training Operations Industry and Application Delivery Training OperationsOperation
Vice President, Claim Operations Vice President, Claim OperationsOperation
Managing Director, Underwriting Operations Managing Director, Underwriting OperationsOperation
Information Technology Manager Information Technology ManagerInformation Technology
Director of Servicing Carrier Operations Director of Servicing Carrier OperationsOperation
Vice President, Claim Operations Vice President, Claim OperationsOperation
Vice President - Regional Operations Vice President - Regional OperationsOperation
Senior Global Information Technology Officer Senior Global Information Technology OfficerInformation Technology
Vice President Global Operations Compliance Vice President Global Operations ComplianceOperation
Information Technology Manager Information Technology ManagerInformation Technology
Associate Director Engineering Operations Associate Director Engineering OperationsEngineering

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Please check above example.

Upvote 0
Let column A house the data.

Let a convenient range somewhere else house the relevant keywords. Name this range KeywordList via the Name Box or the Name Manager. It's advisable to sort this list in ascending order.

In B2 enter and copy down:

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,SEARCH(" "&KeywordList&" ",$A2),KeywordList)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hherna01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back