Excel for Android issues.

Richard Silen

I have MS Word and Excel for Android on my new Android tablet (Samsung) I'm a musician who wants to use it on stage. On a Win PC I worked out an elegant little spreadsheet that allows me to see my set lists and punch up the charts for it with a tap using a hyperlink to a docx file. No problem works great. But when I uploaded the entire directory containing the excel file and the word files to my external storage on my tablet, the hyperlinks failed. When I figured I could simply edit the spreadsheet under android version of Excel and establish new hyperlinks. Then the problem arose that I could NOT come up with android device local file addresses that worked for the docx addresses. Hyperlinks seemingly only want to address urls or cloud addresses, not local device/storage files. Help!!!!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Thanks for the reply. I'm not quite sure if it works yet, will test out tomorrow. The term "relative" is used. I take that to mean that the value of the address changes as the addressing moves from one device to another. Is that just a simple "///". I'm not an Excel guru and was hoping there was a simpler answer than what appears to be almost a coding solution.

Upvote 0
Hi Richard, Sorry for the late entry into this thread. I have exactly the same problem as you posted above. Did you get a solution?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back