Multiple lookups across Colums Return only values that match

Warpug

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Im going to be very simple with my question. I have worksheet 1 with 10 columns and multiple rows on a spreadsheet. I want to have a worksheet2 in the same workbook that looks at the data on worksheet 1 and returns entire rows of data where column A, B and C contain original data. (by original data I mean I don't want duplicates where the combined data is the same)

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
you could use a helper column that tests if A,B,C are unique, sort by the helper column then pull results into your second sheet only if say the helper is 1 otherwise pull blanks

Upvote 0
you could use a helper column that tests if A,B,C are unique, sort by the helper column then pull results into your second sheet only if say the helper is 1 otherwise pull blanks
Im not quite sure what a "helper column" is. But can this helper column be used to advise whether (A,B,C) as a unit are unique, or will it only advise if each is unique in a column? Thank you for responding to my original post btw

Upvote 0
a helper column is an extra column that can be located well to the right of your data. My suggestion is a helper to test if A,B and C are all different, if they are return 1 if not return a blank. Then sort by the helper and all your desired rows will be in one block.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back