Unwanted and unprompted saving

alpac1t

Here's a challenging question for you. A fair bit of internet searching reveals no other questions/problems like this.

I'm running Excel/Office 365, have an up to date version. Win10, OneDrive.

A few days ago, some (not all) of my many Excel spreadsheets started SAVING THEMSELVES as soon as I type something into a cell and then leave the cell. There's a status indicator at the top with the file name that says, "Last saved at 10/5/2017 10:24 PM." As soon as I type in and then leave a cell, the indicator changes to "Saving....", and then "Saved to One Drive."

I can't figure out what's the difference between the files this is happening on, and those that it's not. I think that it reliably does NOT happen to files that are not in the folders being synced to OneDrive. But in the set of OneDrive-synced files, some file exhibit the behavior, some don't.

To repeat: I type something into a cell, move to the next cell, and the document is immediately saved with the indicators mentioned above.

I don't know of any setting in Excel that can produce this behavior--but if there is, I certainly didn't change it. My "Save AutoRecover" settings make no difference.

I ran a Microsoft "repair" of Office after this behavior began, it made no difference.

Any ideas what the hell is going on? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back