Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need help to identify cell contents

Please help! Been trying for days to work this out. I have a spreadsheet in Excel97 that collates responses to questions in a Y or N format. I want to be told when a question has been answered N for the previous 4 weeks or more. The week numbers are column headings and the questions are listed down the rows.

If it can do this, what I then want it to do, its disregard the 4 "N" entries when a Y is eventually posted.

Hope you can help or at least tell me if I am wasting my time trying to work out something that is impossible!

Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me get this straight...
    When you say disregard the last 4 N's do you want it to total the numbers of responses and ignore any 4 N's in a row?

Sorry, didn't make myself very clear! I want it to tell me when an N has been recorded in 4 consectutive weeks, say 1-4 Then...if a Y is recorded in week 5, but N's in weeks 6-10 I want it to tell me about the 4 N's in 6-10 but not the ones in 1-4. (As these have already been notified to me)

Is that any clearer? Hope you can help!

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. Can you put some example data ? and what you expect to get as a result ?
    Regards,

Juan Pablo González
    http://www.juanpg.com

Week No 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Q1 y n n n n y n
    Q2 n n n n y y y

From the information in the table I want it to identify that Q1 was "n" for 4 weeks in a row at week 5 and Q2 was also "n" for 4 weeks in a row at week 4. I don't want it to identify "n" for less than 4 weeks. Would like it to say something along the lines of "At week 5 Q1 has been negative for 4 weeks", but this has to appear on another worksheet as an overview of approx 50 questions.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others