Need help to identify cell contents

G

Please help! Been trying for days to work this out. I have a spreadsheet in Excel97 that collates responses to questions in a Y or N format. I want to be told when a question has been answered N for the previous 4 weeks or more. The week numbers are column headings and the questions are listed down the rows.

If it can do this, what I then want it to do, its disregard the 4 "N" entries when a Y is eventually posted.

Hope you can help or at least tell me if I am wasting my time trying to work out something that is impossible!

Thanks very much.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Let me get this straight...
When you say disregard the last 4 N's do you want it to total the numbers of responses and ignore any 4 N's in a row?

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't make myself very clear! I want it to tell me when an N has been recorded in 4 consectutive weeks, say 1-4 Then...if a Y is recorded in week 5, but N's in weeks 6-10 I want it to tell me about the 4 N's in 6-10 but not the ones in 1-4. (As these have already been notified to me)

Is that any clearer? Hope you can help!

Upvote 0
Week No 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Q1 y n n n n y n
Q2 n n n n y y y

From the information in the table I want it to identify that Q1 was "n" for 4 weeks in a row at week 5 and Q2 was also "n" for 4 weeks in a row at week 4. I don't want it to identify "n" for less than 4 weeks. Would like it to say something along the lines of "At week 5 Q1 has been negative for 4 weeks", but this has to appear on another worksheet as an overview of approx 50 questions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back