Conditional formating a report

justcallmekyle

I am working on making our lives a little easier around my work. They currently use a different excel sheet for each months report and each crew. I am trying to make them all one for every month and have the report auto fill. I need help with that Auto fill portion. The link provided is to a drop box that has the excel in it i am currently working on. Please help me get each cell of the report to auto fill from the different crews. Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfmkzu5skpdnj3n/crew log.xlsx?dl=0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
I am not permitted to access external links :(

I agree with you that is it almost always better to put all data in 1 sheet, then reference that for repots etc. It sounds to me though that you have a few options for this

1. use a helper column that will add a unique ID to each row of data pertaining to the month you want, then base the extract on INDEX/MATCH based on that ID
something like =countif($A$2:A2,$A$1)
assuming your dates are in column A, starting in row 2, and you enter the criteria date in A1

2. Use an ARRAY formula...
A​
B​
C​
D​
E​
F​
G​
1​
DateBlah1Blah2
1/8/2017​
Blah1Blah2
2​
1/1/2017​
10​
100​
50​
500​
3​
1/1/2017​
20​
200​
60​
600​
4​
1/1/2017​
30​
300​
70​
700​
5​
1/1/2017​
40​
400​
80​
800​
6​
1/8/2017​
50​
500​
7​
1/8/2017​
60​
600​
8​
1/8/2017​
70​
700​
9​
1/8/2017​
80​
800​
F2=IFERROR(INDEX(B:B,SMALL(IF($A$2:$A$15=$E$1,ROW($A$2:$A$15)),ROWS($A$1:A1))),"")
entered using CTRL SHIFT ENTER, not just ENTER
copy across as needed, then copy down

Upvote 0
Im pretty sure I just told you I am not permitted to access external links?

So are you saying it is the link not working or your permissions on the system you are on? If it is the system you are on then let me know how you would like me to get it to you to view. Clearly, there must have been a misunderstanding.

Upvote 0
Ford is telling you he is unable to view those links and download those files. He is not the only one. Many people are unable or unwilling to download files off of the internet for security reasons (my workplace actually forbids it). So uploading files and providing links to them will decrease your pool of potential helpers.

There are other alternatives. While you cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html. Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0
Joe, thanks for the assist - yes, my workplace severely restricts access to certain web site types

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back